Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2002 5:17:04 AM EDT
go to the range and shoot the rifle that you sighted-in at the last shooting session and just shoot the blasted thing!? Or like me, do you tweak your scope/sights endlessly searching for impossible accuracy?    
L.P.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 5:20:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Tweak, tweak, tweak.  Always in search of that sub-m.o.a. string.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 5:29:15 AM EDT
[#2]
once sighted in, i dont need to tweak till i change ammo brand. iron sights are funny that way.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 5:59:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Because I believe that my rifles are all capable of outshooting me, I tend to tweak myself more than the gun/optics.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 6:34:29 AM EDT
[#4]
For long-range:
Nope, fire one round at 100 to make sure I haven't bashed my zero off (Leupolds are rarely ever off) and then it's generally walking shots downrange till I get to the 800 yard mark at the farm or the 1000 at the lease.

Then it's doping the wind practice.

For CQB, it's grap the cokes (shaken not stir'd) place in different areas of range from 50-400 yards and start the game. We (dad, uncle, and mentor) like to place 6 cokes and then time how long it takes from a start command to find/ locate, shoot em all. Fastest time w/ least rounds gets a cold one, Coke that is.

If you have to tweak your scope, get yourself a good one, and you'll have much more trigger time.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:08:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't tweak, just blast away..."minute of man" is good enough for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top