Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2002 7:07:15 PM EDT
Is there such a thing as a Uzi semi-auto open bolt? Here's a couple of links.
www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?ItemNum=2508648

www.tecinfo.net/~jayhawk/uzidif.html
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#1]
IMI Uzi A and B models are both closed bolt and so is the Norinco.  I owned an A model way back in the day.

I wouldn't play any games with a semi Uzi that is open bolt as someone probably monkeyed with it and your benevolent masters in government probably would take issue with you having such a thing.  Why don't you shoot this Auction Arms guy a question, now I am curious too.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#2]
open bolt is class 3. Or at least that is what my class 3 friends tell me...pat
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 5:31:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I e-mailed him, he said it was a open bolt semi. I kind of doubt it though.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 5:37:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually there are approximately 300 semi UZI open bolt weapons that made it into this country before the BATF ruling in 1982. They are indeed rare and probably command a very high price tag.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 7:47:01 AM EDT
[#5]
yeah theres a handfull same with semi open bolt macs and there was a open bolt 22 rifle
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#6]
There were some of these open bolt semi autos floating around in the early 80's before they were ruled illegal. I aquired one open bolt, MAC-11, .380  semi at a gun show then for less than 5 bills on a Saturday. I waved it in front of a few dealers and by Sunday, I got an AR, Colt .357, and 3 bills for it. SP1s were going for as little as 3 bills then. Should have kept it. Examined some TEC-9s and UZIs of the same type. There were not many, but they did exist.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top