Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2002 3:18:15 PM EDT
My first firearm was a HK USP 45.
I am total sold on HK's products.
While back I was looking into .223, so looked at sl8. I got caught up in the whole AR15 real quickly and forgot about the SL8.
Now that I signed back up to HKpro and have been evaluating my decision of an AR over SL8 I have to say this.

I'm SOOOOOO glad I bought an AR!
The SL8 are RIDICULOUSLY expensive!
Mags are only 10 rounders, and they 30-40 bucks!
Conversions are non-existent, Add-ons are almost nill if your not rich.

And whats the deal with the USC 45!?
I understand the idea behind the UMP45, but the USC 45!? WTF is the point, .45 is not nearly as cheap as .223, .45 is really not a 100+ yard caliber, and it costs more then my bushy!?!?
Hahhahhah

Ar's are awesome, and AR15 is full with people who actually know what they are talking about.

THanks Guys.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]

hope I dont offend anyone....

You won't offend anyone here saying that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#2]
ive never understood why would H&K make such a shitty butthole stock on the USC and the SL8 when they are are more capable of makeing a better one

I was really considdering purchasing a USC until i actualy wraped my paws around one.

what a POS
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 3:43:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
ive never understood why would H&K make such a shitty butthole stock on the USC and the SL8 when they are are more capable of makeing a better one

I was really considdering purchasing a USC until i actualy wraped my paws around one.

what a POS

If you go to HKpro, you will see there seems to be little Quality issue's here and there.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Agreed.  Haven't shot the SL8-1, but did handle one at a gun shop.  Nothing special except for the cool little tool that came with the gun.  It's a shame that we can't get G36's, eh boys?

The optional (and expensive)rangefinding sight looks interesting, though, and I say that by judging only from an illustration and explanation of the reticle pattern and its features on a web site.  Have any of you had a chance to check it out?  None of the rifles I've seen had one installed.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 4:09:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm a long time HK owner, and fan. And I have shoot the sl8, overpriced, seems like they just figured people would buy it because it says HK. It definitely doesn't live up to there reputation (just my opinion). Hopefully they will make some extreme changes with it & options.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 4:53:04 PM EDT
[#6]
After having their 9 series banned, then their SR-9 series banned, HK decided to try and make a ban proof gun, so they went above and beyond the requirements of the law and produced the PC SL8-1 and the not quit so PC USC. I may be biased, but I don't mind the USC as much as I do the SL8-1.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top