Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2002 2:09:18 PM EDT
If you were to take a post-ban AR and permanently attach a legal silencer, would that rifle then be an assault rifle and therefore illegal under the 94 law?
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 2:16:34 PM EDT
[#1]
The BATF seems to think so. . . . They'll throw you in jail for it, even if there isn't a law that says so.

-Justin
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thought so.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 2:36:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The BATF seems to think so. . . . They'll throw you in jail for it, even if there isn't a law that says so.

-Justin

Yep....

www.gem-tech.com/m4-96d.html

Small print: "POST-BAN WEAPON NOTE concerning mounting the M4-96D or other sound suppressor on a so-called "post ban" assault weapon: BATF has ruled that a sound suppressor functions as an efficient flash hider. Although a non-slotted bi-lock can be permanently mounted on most .223 caliber weapons, attachment of the suppressor itself may place the user in violation of federal law, depending on the type and number of other cosmetic changes to the underlying semi-automatic weapon (pistol grip, folding stock, etc.)."
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Than's alright, I just read a number of debates over at www.biggerhammer.net/stoner/wwwboard/

Quite a ways down....

See all the posts about using a silencer on the SR-25 Mk 11 Mod 0!  Note, this is obviously a POST BAN but yet guys are talking about getting a silencer for it.  Just so long as they don't get caught I guess?

I discovered the thread too late to add much, but worth the read just the same!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top