Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2002 6:40:50 AM EDT
I picked up a new USP 45 yesterday and I am really impressed.  My brother talked me out of my Kimber Custom Classic so that left me without a 45.  There was nothing wrong with the Kimber, I just wanted a DA 45.  I was going to go with a Sig 220, but went with the HK because of increased mag capacity and the gun just seemed to fit my hands even though they are not large.  I will be trying it out here in a few hours and can't harfly wait.  Would like to hear some other opinions on the USP 45.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I was able to shoot the gun a couple of hours ago and I was VERY impressed.  I was able to shoot the USP45 better than any pistol I've ever shot.  Recoil was less than the Kimber 45 that I sold.  I put 300rds thru the HK without a hickup.  After 100rds I tried to make it jam by not tapping the back of the mags after they were loaded and by limp wristing the gun.  It just kept on firing.  I really love this USP45 and I think it has just become my favorite pistol.  Sorry Glock 19 & Beretta 92FS, you two are still great guns, but there is a USP45 in the house now.  Not bag on the 1911 (which I still want one in the future), but the USP, IMHO, is a far superior pistol.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 12:21:03 PM EDT
[#2]
your experience is further evidence that fit and feel are important factors in choosing a gun.
it is good to try new things. but dont give up on the 1911, john browning's baby will be around long after the rest are forgotten.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I just picked up one today.  Also picked up a SigPro. (Tax money was well spent)  I can't wait to try them out but I will have to wait until this weekend.

BDS
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 12:28:45 PM EDT
[#4]
UPS makes a pistol?
You'll love it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 12:56:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#6]
uncleSAM,

I bought my USP 45 in Jan 1995. It was supossedly on of the first 500 in the country. I love it and carry it often. I also have 2 USP45c's that I carry. All of them have night sights. Most of my friends have them, too.

Great gun.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I just picked up one today.  Also picked up a SigPro. (Tax money was well spent)  I can't wait to try them out but I will have to wait until this weekend.

BDS

I just bought a sigpro .357 w/ night sights a couple months ago. I've fired many other sigs and the sigpro was definitely the most accurate one i have ever shot. Awesome gun.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 1:18:30 PM EDT
[#8]
i have been a very good boy, just added a usp in 9 and a tac. in 45. tomorrow i pick up the 9 and the 45 is getting shipped out next week.

looks like the safe is getting to look like all glock, h&k and bushmaster. may no one have less in their safe than i do.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 3:08:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Congrats!!!  I got my USP 45 FS about 2 years ago now.  I've put about 1,500 through it so far.  Not a single problem.  I even did something really dumb (double charge I think) the gun really bucked hard.  Me and a good friend checked it over very well, and not a single problem.  5 shot groups measuring at 1.5 inches off a bench at 25 yards.  My opinion the best 45 around.  Hard to beat a good stout 1911, but my HK shoots as good as my friend's Kimber and everyone claims they're tougher than nails, and not to mention the looks of the darn thing.  Did you ever read the  tests the USP was put through?  Amazing.  Have fun with the toy!  I should mention; my trigger was just plain sickening when I got it.  I almost returned it just because of that.  But, it was pretty easy to hone it to a nice clean break.  If you want some tips on trigger work drop me an email.  Later
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I will be trying it out here in a few hours and can't harfly wait.  Would like to hear some other opinions on the USP 45.

Make sure you don't harfly all over the floor after you shoot really good with this weapon.
MY first firearm purchased was a USP .45F SS.
I still own this weapon (don't own a glock anymore and I will anyways own my HK .45 until I die.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 4:38:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I picked up my USP45 a few months back.  Since I have put around 1000 rounds through it.  Its boringly reliable.  If there was one handgun that I would grab from the safe it would be the USP45.  

Like the others said.  Dont give up on the 1911's.  I would highly recommend one of the Springfield Armory Mil-Specs.  Like my USP I have had no failures.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all the input guys.  I didn't mean to sound so negative about the 1911.  The Kimber was a great pistol and I intend to get another 1911 in the future.  No pistol collection is complete without one.  I just really like the HK and I feel more comfortable with a double action pistol, its just me.  Anyway, the HK has lived up to all the hype I've read about from its owners on this board.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top