Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2002 4:03:19 PM EDT
My friend and I have just returned from a "Machine Gun Adventure", conducted by Scottsdale Gun Club (a.k.a The Armory).

It was EXCELLENT!!

We had alot fun and I highly recommend that all of you AZ folks (and anybody else for that matter) get out there and sign up for one!

Here are some video's for you...

H&K MP5
members.cox.net/wbarnett12/willie_mp5.wmv

IMI Uzi Pistol
members.cox.net/wbarnett12/karl_uzi.wmv

Glock 18
members.cox.net/wbarnett12/karl_g18.wmv

H&K UMP 40
members.cox.net/wbarnett12/karl_ump.wmv

Steyr AUG
members.cox.net/wbarnett12/willie_aug.wmv

H&K G36
members.cox.net/wbarnett12/karl_g36.wmv

AK-47
members.cox.net/wbarnett12/karl_ak47.wmv

M-4
members.cox.net/wbarnett12/karl_m4.wmv

FN M-240
members.cox.net/wbarnett12/dave_m240.wmv

and finally.....
FN M-249 SAW
members.cox.net/wbarnett12/karl_m249.wmv
members.cox.net/wbarnett12/willie_m249.wmv

We had so much fun, and the SGC made it a great day. A big thank you and kudo's !!

www.scottsdalegunclub.com
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 7:51:34 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you all think of the video.......?

Please, share your comments.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#2]
So damn lucky, cool stuff.  Wish they had some stuff like that around here.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Good collection of NFA guns.

It just makes be pissed at the gun laws in this country that make it so expensive to own full autos.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#4]
awesome, good video too, i would especially love to get to shoot a glock 18!
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 9:14:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 9:33:26 PM EDT
[#6]
223-Buckaroo: That M240 looked the smoothest firing of them all. What was the best auto you shot in terms of controlability and feel, etc.?

That UMP .40 and G36 looked harder to control. The Steyr Aug was looking fairly good until the guy decided to hose the rounds out with one pull of the trigger

The only machineguns I've shot have been the Uzi and MP5. The Uzi was an ?InterArms? import POS, while the MP5A3 was very sweet despite being from the 1970s and having a lot of rounds put through it. Didn't hiccup up once, even with the 40 round mag the dealer had for it. The Uzi would jam unless you would hold down and pull the trigger, even after we bitched at the range guy to clean the damn thing out.

themao
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 10:44:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 10:54:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
223-Buckaroo: That M240 looked the smoothest firing of them all. What was the best auto you shot in terms of controlability and feel, etc.?

That UMP .40 and G36 looked harder to control. The Steyr Aug was looking fairly good until the guy decided to hose the rounds out with one pull of the trigger

The only machineguns I've shot have been the Uzi and MP5. The Uzi was an ?InterArms? import POS, while the MP5A3 was very sweet despite being from the 1970s and having a lot of rounds put through it. Didn't hiccup up once, even with the 40 round mag the dealer had for it. The Uzi would jam unless you would hold down and pull the trigger, even after we bitched at the range guy to clean the damn thing out.

themao

The M240 was definitely smooth, mostly because it's such a big gun. The M249 was easy to control too. (just not when you're going apeshit with a 100-round belt !    )

The MP5 was extremely easy to shoot, and it seemed to be the most accurate when firing bursts.  The UMP seemed to jump around alot and was pretty hard to control.

The Glock 18 was fun to shoot, but really hard to control. The first shot would be on target and then the rest would miss. Best tactic would be to aim at the enemy's feet and let the gun walk up.  

The M4 was probably the easiest rifle to shoot, but the G36 and AUG were both pretty accurate as well.

I highly recommend going out for one of the adventures..... money well spent !
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 5:29:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Is it just me or do they seem REALLY quiet?

It looks like some of them aren't even wearing hearing protection!

How come they are so quiet? Espically the M4!

CranialCrusader
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 7:42:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Damn Buckaroo! Looks like a party!

The only bad thing about playing that much with F/As is going back to your semis! Kinda anti-climatic!

How much does a day of shooting like that cost?
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:20:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Is it just me or do they seem REALLY quiet?

It looks like some of them aren't even wearing hearing protection!

How come they are so quiet? Espically the M4!

CranialCrusader

I can assure you they are loud. The camera just can't pick it up, so all it records is a *pop*. Nothing we shot was suppressed.

BTW, we were wearing foam ear plugs.

Link Posted: 4/1/2002 8:51:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Damn Buckaroo! Looks like a party!

The only bad thing about playing that much with F/As is going back to your semis! Kinda anti-climatic!

How much does a day of shooting like that cost?

Most guns rent for about $55.  The 10 gun package we took was advertised at $250 per person, but we were only charged $185 each (there were 2 of us). That includes your choice of 10 different guns (of 14) and 300 rnds of ammo per person, 30 per gun.

You can get all the details at www.scottsdalegunclub.com
We bought additional ammo too, which was average priced.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top