Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2002 3:12:25 AM EDT
Good morning all,

Would like to know what you think fair value is of this Preban Colt I'm thinking of purchasing.

- Lower:  Colt AR15 A2 Sporter II, Ser # SP 3060XX.  No sear bloc, standard FC pins, slab side, and large front pin. 98-99% Condition

- Upper: Colt barrell; CMP 5.56 NATO HBAR, Flat Top reciever (no markings), Bushmaster bolt/carrier and carbine hand gaurds--new unfired

- Zytel Colapsable stock

- Two Adventure Line 30 rd mags but no carry handle or optical device

Seller is asking $1600.  Is this a fair/good deal?  Seller is giving me option of half-circle Colt bolt/carrier with the cutout at no added cost.  Should I go with this? Thanks again for your advice.

/r,

Deucer01

Edited to correct BMP typo.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 4:24:35 AM EDT
[#1]
For me that seems a bit steep for not an original Colt.

Let's do the math:

Colt Preban Lower      950

Bushmaster A3 upper    450(used)

mags                   35 for both

1435 is what I would pay.

Offer him 1200 and see what happens.  Set the ceiling for 1450.  I am sure you can pick it up for that price though.

max
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 4:49:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Maxell,

Typo on my part, meant to say CMP for the barrel stamp, so it is a Colt barrell.  

How much more are the Colt uppers?  Thanks again.

deucer01
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:27:35 AM EDT
[#3]
1400 bucks is still what I would offer.

That's my ceiling for preban Colt's unless they are NIB with the box then 1600 is what I would pay.

Hope this helps

Max
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 3:37:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Got the Colt.  Traded my Bushy Shorty AK and Beretta 1201FP shotgun plus $100 cash.  Everyones happy.  Thanks Maxell for your advice.

Deucer01
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top