Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2002 3:57:31 PM EDT
I have a sickness…

After some serious soul searching, decided to break out that spare Colt barrel lying in the closet, and build up yet another complete Pre-Ban Colt.  Many thanks to the folks below, for their endless advice, patients, and fantastic service.  And yes, this is my collective shameless plug!  I would highly recommend any of these businesses to anyone.  

Colt 16” 1 in 9 M4 barrel.  From an earlier upper purchased from J&T
Colt RAS numbered upper.  From Paul at MSTN.
Knights Carbine Free Float RAS.  Also from Paul at MSTN.
Colt Bolt, Carrier, and Charging Handle.  Gun show, purchased from Dennis Todd.
Colt Pre-Ban Sporter Match HBAR w/ Colt 2 position stock.  Purchased from Prideboss here in the Equipment Exchange.
Trijicon TA31F ACOG.  Purchased from SWFA.
The final upper assembly was done by my trusted local gunsmith, John Robinson, who also did a great job of milling off and refinishing the front sight tower, saving me the cost of a new gas block.  I plan to add a Knight’s Rail Mount Folding Front Sight and a Knights 600m Rear Folding Sight at some point down the road, but for now, I’m just enjoying the new addition and shooting the most accurate AR I’ve ever had the experience of handling!  

Does it ever stop, this madness?

Edited to fix Pic size...Jesus!
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 3:38:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I took the liberty of assuming that you will not mind that I use your pic on my webpage

quarterbore.com/kac/kacffras.html

E-Mail me if you mind, otherwise I will assume this is OK.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:55:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quarterbore,

My pleasure.  All my worldly AR knowledge was gained by reading other peoples information on this site, so if I can give back in any way, I am happy to help!  In fact, if you’re interested, when I return home, I will take some close up shots of the FF RAS to better illustrate the Free Float aspect of this unit.  
-Matthew
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top