Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2002 8:52:30 AM EDT
Has anybody had any problem with pinned muzzle brakes blowing off lately?  Colt pins on their brakes.  What about Bushmaster and Wilson etc?

I'll ask at the Colt and Bushy sites too.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 12:03:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I dunno, my post ban Bushmaster has a naked muzzle
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#2]
i've seen a few ar's with the optional break launchers installed. If it's pinned i will take a stroll down range eventually.

mike
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i've seen a few ar's with the optional break launchers installed. If it's pinned i will take a stroll down range eventually.

mike

If so,wouldn't the mfg. be liable?{mfg installed brake}
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 12:35:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't had this happen to me or seen it happen with pinned or set-screw brakes.  I would expect that a threaded and pinned brake would stay on just as well as one that wasn't pinned.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd expect a threaded and pinned brake to stay on.  I worry that the pinned brakes would blow off but nobody seems to have had a problem.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:54:53 PM EDT
[#6]
My Bushy M4/AK is 3 years old this week it has 7K rounds through it (not counting thousands of .22LR).  Most of the full-power stuff has been M193 (the higher vel/pressure stuff).  Brake is on ROCK solid and no signs of movement.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 10:19:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll admit it, I blew the Oly pinned on brake off my Oly parts gun.  Just replaced it after leaving it off for about a year.  What I didn't do which I did now was to put loc-tite on the threads.  At least I hope that works.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top