Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2002 7:46:33 PM EDT
Are PPK dealers charging $20 or $21 for the DROS fee?  I looked it up and it said that in addition to the current fee of $14, they will add $5 and $1, bring the total to $20.00

I noticed that my local dealer has posted $21, so is it $21 or $20?  
- Sulaco

Link Posted: 3/24/2002 8:04:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Can someone explain a few other questions?  Can you buy two firearms at the same time and only pay one fee, or is it per firearm?  How long is the waiting period in CA?
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 9:42:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Can someone explain a few other questions?  Can you buy two firearms at the same time and only pay one fee, or is it per firearm?  How long is the waiting period in CA?

You can buy more than one rifle at one time, but pistols are 1 every month.  My FFL only charges me $35 per transaction, regardless of how many rifles bought at that time - the $35 includes the DROS fees.  KA waiting period is currently 10 days, pistol or rifle.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#3]
It is $20.oo for state DROS, but beware some dealers try to nail you extra for "their own" fees. Don't buy from them.

10 day wait on ALL firearms,

ONE HANDGUN PER MONTH.

Kalibanfornia fucking sickens me at every turn. so on and so on.....
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 10:02:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, I give up.  What is a DROS fee?  Is that another Kaliban rule or something?  
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#5]
DROS = Dealer Record Of Sale. It's the form FFLs in California use to initiate firearms transfers and background checks, in addition to federal form 4473. The state charges $14 DROS fee to conduct a background check.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 12:56:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top