Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2002 7:10:34 PM EDT
After purchasing a DPMS DCM AR15, a friend noticed a paper inside the box saying not to use this brand of ammo. Does any one know the reason for this? Someone has said it has to do with the length of that cartridge vs. the DPMS comp barrel and chamber. Will she blow up?
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 4:35:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Go ahead and shot the white box.  I have a DPMS DCM match AR and shot the white box with out any problems.  Its not match grade ammo but it works.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I would reccomend that you contact DPMS directly for qualification.  I believe the warning refers to some lots of the older "Domestcally produced Q3131", and not the more recent and truly great stuff Q3131a which is made in Israel to mil spec.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:21:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Troy,  Do you think that this same thought would also apply to the current 24" upper offering?  Thanks,
W
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Troy, I will let him know:)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top