Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2002 4:41:40 PM EDT
I know this is an age old debate but im curious to what people think..first of all I own both the Ar and a Mini14 and I must say that I like them both.
When i go out shooting i take both along with me cause my Ar is a 20" chrome bull barrel flat top BM.so to take that rifle out to the bush to bunny hunt is alittle to much as it weights alot.
now the Mini14 is a smaller rifle and easier to carry out in the bush for hunting..and I know what you all are going to say.
I know that the Ar has better grouping at distance shots but for shooting up close I would have to say t hat the Mini is betterdue to the high sight/ low boreline on the AR.
I guess it's up to the person as to which they like better, but i like how both weapons work and feel. I would just like to hear what other people have to say on this subject...
thanks again
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I have only shot less than 50rounds thru a ar it started jaming and then broke but I really liked the sights and the feel. But i do have a mini 14 that I shot over 500rds of wolf last weekend with no problems and so far it has gone 1000rds without a jam pretty impressive in my eyes.

by the way this was a rental ar so I am sure it hadn't been cleaned and thats why it had the problems.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Moved to GFD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top