Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2002 12:14:07 PM EDT
I always wondered. Also, do military special forces use body armor? If so, what level are they?
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 12:57:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Swat teams wear level IV and higher body armor.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 1:02:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Of the SWAT types I know, and I know a few, Level III and IV primarily.  Of course, Level IV armor is only Level IV where the trauma plates cover.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 8:50:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Swat operators follow the direction of Mall Ninjas

www.mallninja.com/
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 9:59:45 AM EDT
[#4]
In my experience, civilian SWAT mostly IIIA vests with level III or IV hard plate inserts.

US Military special forces use a variety of body armor types, the most prevalent (and most often seen) currently being the Interceptor OTV system made by Point Blank.  This is a Kevlar KM2 IIIA vest with NIJ Level III ceramic SAPI hard plates inserted to increase protection to cover 5.56mm, 7.62x39, and 7.62mm NATO hits to mid torso/mid back.

Mall ninjas use level IV+++++ head-to-toe body armor along with 1/2" ballistic steel plating on their pursuit golf carts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top