Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2002 3:39:21 AM EDT
I'd heard on the radio this week that there is a gun show @ Valley Forge, PA Convention Center.  Has anybody gone?  Is the show any good?  If in fact there is a show, it wasn't very heavily promoted.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 3:49:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Was there yesterday, mostly the same vendors you'd see at the (now defunct) Ft. Washington Show.   Parking lot was really crowded, but it wasn't too bad inside - I think there was some sort of jewelry show there as well.  Prices weren't too bad, but I was really just window shopping so wasn't paying that much attention.  Lots of bushies in the low 700's, SAR-1's for $319, Century CETME's (not sure which receiver) and L1A1's for $399.  SA battlepacks for $39/300, 7.62x39 for $70/1000 (I think).  AR 30 rounders seem to be getting cheaper again - lots of ex cond for around $18 and going down from there...

This is only the second show this new promoter has put on.  I'd guess they planned on advertising at the Ft. Washington show, but we know how that turned out...  I did see some flyers at the N.G. Armory show last week though.  But yeah, it seems like promoters around here are a little clueless.  There are three (or were three...) decently large shows here in SE PA that I know of Ft. Wash, VF, and NG Armory (well, this was always sort of small), each coming around once every three months.  Do they spread them out so that there is a different one each month?  No, they clump them together so that all three occur within a week of eachother...

Rocko
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 5:41:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Make the Valley Forge-Harrisburg loop.
You will get close to 1000 tabes if you combine them both.

Link Posted: 3/24/2002 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#3]
York usually has a pretty decent show too. Harrisburg's the big one, but with the new parking situation, I'm not sure if I'm going back to that show. I went to the VF show a couple of years ago and it was pretty decent. I remember buying Thermolds for $9.00 each (1998 or so).
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 10:52:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
York usually has a pretty decent show too. Harrisburg's the big one, but with the new parking situation, I'm not sure if I'm going back to that show. I went to the VF show a couple of years ago and it was pretty decent. I remember buying Thermolds for $9.00 each (1998 or so).

I went to the Harrisburg show today and the parking lot is open - you just have to park back further - not too bad - oh yea, costs $5 to park.

Had a Harley swap show to boot in another part of the complex and still plenty of parking.

See my post in "Meetings And Events" for my thoughts on show - one of Davis Outfitters best - not near as good as the big May/Dec shows, though.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#5]
RussBucksPA, there are 3 more shows this year at VF.

Here are dates for shows at the NE Armory : Mar. 16 &17, June 22&23, Sept 21&22, Nov 23&24.

Here are dates for shows at the Valley Forge convention center: Mar. 23&24, June 15&16, Oct 5&6, Dec 21&22.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 1:12:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I made it down to the show today after all. I have to say that if I had to use that gunshow for my normal purchases, I would buy everything from the internet. I saw a lot of vendors that work the VA show and I think they raise there price just for you rich yankee's . I can say that I was pretty disappointed in the show myself.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#7]
VA-Gunnut, I agree 100%. The shows around here don't have the greatest prices. In fact I think some people RAISE their prices becuause you can buy it right there. Like they are doing you a favor buy coming to the show so they have to charge more.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 1:50:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I did find some stripper clips at a reasonable price, and I got some more CLP and cleaning patches so it wasn't a total waste.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 2:11:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey I was there too on Saturday. Wasn't bad. Wasn't great either.
AR15 30 rnd mag three for $50 in very good shape
New in cloth bag M14 mag $50
All 20 rnd AR mags were $40 and up (no way I'd pay that much)
7.62x39 for more like $80 and 5.45x39 was $109 and the guy wouldn't come down at all on the 5.45.
Lots of nice looking females working at some of the tables. That was nice. Oh and some dork was selling stripped Bushy lowers for $300.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top