Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2002 11:40:56 PM EDT
Anyone have one yet?

The price is pretty comparable to other .22s out there, so I was wondering how they stack up against the competition.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 5:04:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 11:11:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Try doing a search on 'walther p22. There have been many posts here lately on this pistol. I want one...
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#3]
They are very nice! We use them as a basis for our 22 suppressor and they work great for that. We have sold a number of them along with a suppressor and each and every customer has loved them.

Tony G
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 9:09:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They are very nice! We use them as a basis for our 22 suppressor and they work great for that. We have sold a number of them along with a suppressor and each and every customer has loved them.

Tony G

Unfortunately suppressors are a no-no for me here in MO.  Takes a bit of the fun out of it.

My C3 has a P22 with the AWC can, I need to get them to let me play around with that one of these days...
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 9:25:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 11:17:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
On a looks scale it's a 10+, on a function scale it's up there too, but it's just too small for my hands. Even with the larger grip.

Ditto-

I have big hands and it was just way too small for me.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 1:29:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I've looked at them and love them.  They appear to be a great little gun.  My Brother will be picking his up first part of May so I will give you a range report when he does.  For $199 it cant be beat.

Those of you who say its to small for your hands.  Have you asked to try some of the other Palm Swells that it comes with  Also ask to try the magazine that has the finger groove also included with the gun.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 5:42:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I picked up the target version with the optional short barrel and gemtech adapter. I love mine in both configurations. I put the short barrel on it the other night an I had a birdcage flash hider laying around an put it on. It looked pretty cool! I am saving for the can now.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 5:48:52 AM EDT
[#9]
4000 plus rounds so far and still going
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 6:03:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought one back in January, yes it is alittle small for larger hands. I get by with it ok, with the larger grip insert.  It is very accurate and smooth.  I did expeierence problems with it though.  The hammer spring broke after 52 rounds of standard vel. ammo. After a month at Smith I got it back and seems to work fine.  Draw backs that I can see, the safety is very hard to engage/disengage and you really have to crunch up your hand to release the mag. It's not the easiest to take apart. I do like it because of it's light weight.  If I had to do it over again, I would stick with my Browning Buckmarks.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 9:37:53 AM EDT
[#11]
A sick joke of a pistol.

Who buys most of the pistols in the US?...Males

Who is this pistol made for?  Children? Small women?  Little guys about 5'2" with hands you can do manicure ads with?

It's cute, that's for sure...sure doesn't fit any guys hand I know...even with the "big grip".

Pretty pathetic attempt at a chick glock in .22.

My German made .22 PPK/s will beat this pathetic pistolette every time...
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 12:33:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, just for the record, my hands are big enough that I bleed every time I fire a PPK.  The slide serrations act like a saw against my skin if I fire more than about 20 rounds or so.  I sold my PPK two years ago and have no regrets.  The P22 works just fine in my hands (no blood so far) and hasn't misfired or misfed in the 800 rounds I have through it so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top