Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2002 6:47:51 PM EDT
Need a little help here, My buddy is looking at an AR and I am trying to find out if it is preban or postban, as it has a threaded flash suppressor.:

Colt Sporter Lightweight SER # SL0043** It has an A2 handle and a 16" BBL with a threaded birdcage suppressor The BBL is stamped CMP 1 in 7 twist NATO 5.56
It is VERY VERY clean if it is indeed a postban.

The guy is willing to trade him the AR and 6 30 round mags for a 10 year old Walther PPK (stainless) and 300 dollars. If it is a preban it sounds like a very good deal, if not the suppressor and amount of trade in worries me.
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#1]
From www.geocities.com/Pipeline/2494/serial.html

SL027246 and Below - Pre-Ban

That would make this a preban.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 7:12:23 PM EDT
[#2]
FALARAK,

Wow!!! that was fast, Thanks a lot....

BTW about what would this be selling for these days? It is VERY clean, no scratches or anything. It almost looks as good as my new Bushmaster. It is a little loose though, I guess you can tighten it a bit.

Thanks again,
Slick
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Depends on your area... but typically $1300 to $1800 or so.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 8:36:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Clean pre-ban? TAKE IT!  Even if only for investment purposes...
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, knowing my buddy he is gonna be wanting his PPK back , so maybe I'll trade him my newer PPK and give him $400 bucks and he will take it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top