Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2002 11:24:25 AM EDT
Some time ago, I posted here regarding a Remington 700 Police that I had picked up, and an annoying problem that I was encountering. The bolt stop release would stick in the down position whenever it was used, and had to be pried up to keep the bolt from pulling free of the rifle the next time it was worked.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=95987

It turns out that the aluminum bedding block built into the standard HS Precision stock had a slight burr on one side, and a little work with a Dremel tool and some emery cloth smoothed it right out.

Now my bolt stop release pops right back up when depressed, and the trigger is centered left to right in the triggerguard. Yippee skippy!
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
You`re on your way to the gold medal!.....
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 12:54:59 PM EDT
[#2]
LMAO

So the order of battle is.

(1) Get your rifle to work
(2) Learn to hit what you are aiming at
(3) Compete and win gold medal

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top