Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2002 8:25:12 PM EDT
I'll have to be honest, I have always hated the fact that so many gun parts and accessories are being made out of plastics, polymers, and synthetics. But now I'm really starting to change my mind.

I thought Glocks were a stupid idea when they first came out. I mean really, how long would a plastic gun last? But I've had 2 glocks since then and I love them.

I also thought what idiot would build a magazine out of polymer? That would never be as good as steel. But I bought 4 Bulgarian polymer waffle mags from K-VAR Corp and I loved them. I just received 16 more today from Mr. UPS man. They fit and function great and at $10 bucks a pop you can't beat them.

I also just bought 2 thermolds and they work great and fit just perfect. I plan on buying 8 more.

I have always loved the looks of synthetic stocks on guns because of the tactical look it gives them but I was always scared of synthetic or polymer mags and accessories. I have really changed my mind now.

What do you think about this? Do you like synthetics on guns?

By the way, if you have an AK47 I highly recommend the Bulgarian waffle mags. I had 2 mags out of 20 that wouldn't go into the magwell because it was a little tight but after I took a little off the back of the feed lips with a file they fit great. They never jammed even while I was using the bump method.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top