Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2002 7:46:56 AM EDT
Going to portland Or this weekend.are there any interestin gun shops to visit??

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 8:44:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Keith's sporting goods is a good local place to go.
There's the Armory.
When you say interesting, I don't know what you mean.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 2:22:33 PM EDT
[#2]
On the East Side

Best of the choices  ->>
The Gun Broker, 14981 SE 82nd Dr., Exit 12 off of I-205) good guys, new, used consignment.  Also a Tigard Location, Bi-mart complex, off of 99W in Tigard.

NW Armory, 12632 SE 99E, (between Milwaukie and Oak Grove on McLoughlin Bvd) more new than used, takes a moment to get some help.

The Gun Room, 5537 SE Foster, (hates all things Glock)

Fishermans Marine Outdoor supply, 1900 SE McLoughlin,(old Larrys Sporting Goods, decent rifle section, some hand guns)  Oregon city exit off of I-205

Keiths in Gresham, if he dont have it, you dont need it.  Sells by Volume.  Good selction (no address)

INDOOR SHOOTING RANGE

Public Safety Training Center, 12700 SE 82nd, (1 Blk Sounth of 82nd/Sunnyside)  5.3 million Dollar shooting range.  No gun sales. Rentals Available, Worth the stop.   www.cccpstc.org

(Note: I will be working at PSTC on Sat Noon to 9PM in the Armory, stop in and I'll show you some Portland hospitality)  

Also, next weekend, March 23 & 24, 2002 @ Portland Expo Center bldg. D, Rose city gun Collectors Gun Show.  

Hope this helps.

Stopdropnroll
AKA Joe
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 1:11:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
On the East Side

Best of the choices  ->>
The Gun Broker, 14981 SE 82nd Dr., Exit 12 off of I-205) good guys, new, used consignment.  Also a Tigard Location, Bi-mart complex, off of 99W in Tigard.

NW Armory, 12632 SE 99E, (between Milwaukie and Oak Grove on McLoughlin Bvd) more new than used, takes a moment to get some help.

The Gun Room, 5537 SE Foster, (hates all things Glock)

Fishermans Marine Outdoor supply, 1900 SE McLoughlin,(old Larrys Sporting Goods, decent rifle section, some hand guns)  Oregon city exit off of I-205

Keiths in Gresham, if he dont have it, you dont need it.  Sells by Volume.  Good selction (no address)

INDOOR SHOOTING RANGE

Public Safety Training Center, 12700 SE 82nd, (1 Blk Sounth of 82nd/Sunnyside)  5.3 million Dollar shooting range.  No gun sales. Rentals Available, Worth the stop.   www.cccpstc.org

(Note: I will be working at PSTC on Sat Noon to 9PM in the Armory, stop in and I'll show you some Portland hospitality)  

Also, next weekend, March 23 & 24, 2002 @ Portland Expo Center bldg. D, Rose city gun Collectors Gun Show.  

Hope this helps.

Stopdropnroll
AKA Joe

Keith's address is 95 n.e. victory ln. Gresham OR.

Yea 5.3 million shows in there Fee's!
Plus you can only buy ammo from them, which is CCI, weaksauce. The best for the price is Doulas Ridge.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 8:24:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Keith's Hands down!  He always has the best selection of AR's, AK's, Fal's, M1A1's, etc.  I have purchased nearly everyone of my rifles from him and he usually has the best price.  Damn I love that place.  

Tracker
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 8:49:45 AM EDT
[#5]
If you want to blast away with some handguns, try The Place To Shoot, 904 N Hayden Meadows Dr,
Portland.  This range is located just past GI Joe's and Fisherman's Marine in Delta Park.  

This is an indoor range that is stocked with all sorts of handguns for rent(5$/gun), ammo, targets and accessories.  They have all sorts of great guns like Glocks, Sigs, Colts, Rugers's..etc.  There will be a range fee also so it may cost some $$ when you add up range fees, gun rentals, guest charges and ammo.
They'll cut you a deal.  This place is a favorite for Japanese tourists during the Rose Festival.  To bad they don't have some SMGs!.  Now that would be fun!

Spambo
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 9:45:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Although Keith's does have good prices and selection, he got upset when I didn't buy his dinged up new guns and he called me picky. He also charges you 2-3% extra if you use Visa. I hate dealers who do that. NW Armory doesn't charge extra and they are willing to work with the customer more. Keith is all about volume. As for Gun Broker, their selection is not as good and their prices are some of the highest i've seen.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 10:29:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey, do you guys know when the next gun show is going to be? And I'm not talking about the lame shows at the Hillsboro Fair Grounds, I'm talking about at the Convention Center. Thanks...
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 11:30:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hey, do you guys know when the next gun show is going to be? And I'm not talking about the lame shows at the Hillsboro Fair Grounds, I'm talking about at the Convention Center. Thanks...

"Also, next weekend, March 23 & 24, 2002 @ Portland Expo Center bldg. D, Rose city gun Collectors Gun Show."

From a couple posts up the page...
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Murder,

Douglas Ridge, all be it a nice rifle range, allows "only members" to shoot , no drop ins.  (except the weekend b4 hunting season for rifle sight in....)

Only places in Portland that allow drop in shooters are PSTC and A Place to Shoot.

Cost of all local indoor shooting ranges are quite comparable.  

A Place To Shoot is $25.00 for drop in for lane fee.  Rentals are 6.50/per gun

PSTC lane fee is $24.99, but includes a box of Speer Lawman, target, eyes/ears.  Rental fee is one $6 fee for all the guns in house. not $6/ for EACH gun.  

SDnR ;)
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry, didn't exactly read the other posts. Damn I feel stupid now...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top