Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2002 11:23:07 PM EDT
OK, the wife just bought a Kahr K9.  It is of course a 9mm.  Now it says 9x19 parabelum in the manual.  Whats the difference between the 9mm parabelum and the 9mm Luger?  I find the luger all over but not the parabelum.  Are they interchangeable?  Sorry to sound like a lamer but this is the first 9mm in the collection.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 11:48:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I belive that there is no difference in the ammo, just difference in name only.  Check with the guys at the hangun site to be sure though.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 11:48:24 PM EDT
[#2]
9mm luger and 9mm parabelum are the same thing.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 12:10:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Sorry to sound like a lamer but this is the first 9mm in the collection.

No, a lamer would have tried the ammo in the gun to see if it would fire.  A smart person asks before playing with tens of thousands of PSI of pressure.

Here's the reference in the rec.guns FAQ that mentions they're the same cartridge:

www.recguns.com/IIIC1a.html

just so you don't have to take our word for it.  While you're looking at it, you might want to checkout www.recguns.com/topOutline.html the rest of the FAQ.

A couple more 9mm links:

www.lugerforum.com/history.html
www.chuckhawks.com/9x19.htm
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 1:53:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies guys!  I appreciate the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top