Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2002 3:24:31 PM EDT
i was wondering if anyone had advice or opinions on longterm storage of modern weapons.
such as
bolt cocked or dropped on empty chamber?
oiled, cosmolined or dry?
silica gel type dessicants?
kind of case or cabinet?
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Greasegun, plastic bag, nylon ties, steel, airtight 120mm shell container. Store with all springs in relaxed state. Don't draw a map, but don't forget where you buried it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The above suggestions are excellent, but I think if you are serious about longterm storage, either find a friend who has one, or buy a Foodsaver vacuum sealer for $150.  

They have 11 inch wide bags which you can make as long as you want, since you seal both ends.

Just grease it up, pad any sharp edges, and vacuum seal that baby.

A Foodsaver is great for sealing mags and ammo for longterm storage too.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:58:39 AM EDT
[#3]
ED_P, awesome suggestion.  My wife has one of those things. I'd never thought of that.  Excellent, thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top