Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2002 11:58:42 AM EDT
I would like it in 12 gauge and it needs to be semi auto. It also needs to look mean!!! Thanks Jay
hotgun.gif
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#1]
SPAS-12
spas12.com/spas/4.gif
Edited to add specs:
Operation: semi-auto or pump
Capacity:  holds 5+ rounds of 2 3/4” shells <I think 8 but can’t be sure>
Looks: One of a kind
More info: www.spas12.com

Cons:
Safety defect in the model shown above, most models were recalled and have had their safeties replaced.
Cannot shoot 3” shells, don’t try.
SPAS-12 was banned from import some time in the early 90’s late 80’s so the now commend a $1000 price tag.

Overall a very cool looking shotgun, and DAM I would own one if I could
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Benelli M3 Super 90 - Semi auto OR pump action

Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:06:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the Mossy 590A1. It is a bad ass shotgun. No tricks or fancy parts, just all business and that is what you really need in a shotgun.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:12:22 PM EDT
[#4]
The SPAS is sweet for the kewl factor, but it's really heavy. My uncles is heavy and not really all that reliable in semi. If you have cash to play with a SPAS-15 is supposed to be really nice, or if you don't mind doing NFA paper work a USAS is prolly the best thing out there.

Out of the title 2 guns you can get out there I would say go with a Beneli M1 super 90, pistol grip, ghost rings, then buy and extended mag tube for it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#5]
The Benelli Super 90 and the Remington 1110/1187 are fine shotguns and set the benchmark for semi-auto Tactical/Defense shotguns. I have both, as well as a Remington 870, which is a fantastic pump.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:20:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Can you have an extended mag on a shotgun with a pistol grip? I thought I had read you can not have over 5 rounds in a semi auto shotgun if it has a pistol grip. Is that right?

Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:28:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Can you have an extended mag on a shotgun with a pistol grip? I thought I had read you can not have over 5 rounds in a semi auto shotgun if it has a pistol grip. Is that right?

Nope. Not if it is semi-auto.

Any semiautomatic shotgun manufactured after 9/13/94 that has at least two of the following features is a banned AW:

Folding or telescoping stock,lescoping stock,
Pistol grip which protrudes conspicuously below the action of the gun,
Fixed magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds,
The ability to accept a detachable magazine.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:38:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Well....you cant get much meaner in semi auto than this one. My co-worker had one for some time, although the 20 round drum is very nice, the weapon is a bit on the heavy side

Link Posted: 3/14/2002 2:13:41 PM EDT
[#9]
If you are going to use this shotgun for serious business, you would be better off with a good old pump action.  There are many choices, but here is what I did....

**** Formula for a very reliable and somewhat inexpensive assault shotgun:
- find on older Remington 870 shotgun in very good condition (NOT 870 Express, etc. you want the old-fashioned steel receiver!)  there are a ton of these things out there.
- while the shorties have their place, what you really want is one with a ~24" barrel (or can be shortened to that length).  this allows use of the largest possible magazine extension so you have an 8+1 capacity.  if you get lucky, it will have a Lyman or other (older) type of adjustable choke and/or muzzle "compensator".  combined with the next few items, it starts to look pretty mean...
- purchase a TacStar mag extension, a sidesaddle, and a barrel heat shield.  restock weapon with whatever synthetic stock that you like, but I would advise against anything that folds (unless you like marring your face...).  the Houge stock set with the grippy rubber overmolded layer is very nice.  there are also stocks with pistol grips, fore-ends with pistol grips, etc.  if there is some shotgun goodie made, they make it for the 870.
- mix together and stir well.  if the gun has too much finish wear, get it either parkerized or resin finished to black/gray.

Result:
Evil black gun that will always work and is pretty BADDDD looking.  all for less than $400.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Tuukka, do you have to buy the turret seperately, or does the gun come with one?
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 2:44:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If you are going to use this shotgun for serious business, you would be better off with a good old pump action.  There are many choices, but here is what I did....

**** Formula for a very reliable and somewhat inexpensive assault shotgun:
- find on older Remington 870 shotgun in very good condition (NOT 870 Express, etc. you want the old-fashioned steel receiver!)  there are a ton of these things out there.
- while the shorties have their place, what you really want is one with a ~24" barrel (or can be shortened to that length).  this allows use of the largest possible magazine extension so you have an 8+1 capacity.  if you get lucky, it will have a Lyman or other (older) type of adjustable choke and/or muzzle "compensator".  combined with the next few items, it starts to look pretty mean...
- purchase a TacStar mag extension, a sidesaddle, and a barrel heat shield.  restock weapon with whatever synthetic stock that you like, but I would advise against anything that folds (unless you like marring your face...).  the Houge stock set with the grippy rubber overmolded layer is very nice.  there are also stocks with pistol grips, fore-ends with pistol grips, etc.  if there is some shotgun goodie made, they make it for the 870.
- mix together and stir well.  if the gun has too much finish wear, get it either parkerized or resin finished to black/gray.

Result:
Evil black gun that will always work and is pretty BADDDD looking.  all for less than $400.

Link Posted: 3/14/2002 2:53:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Striker Shotgun, 7"BBL 12 shot revolving shotgun, front pistol grip, no buttstock, factory entry gun.    

Link Posted: 3/14/2002 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#13]
nah, skip the semi-shotties and go get a Mossberg 590A1...that's about as cool as they come...
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Look up Wilson Combat, they take remington 1187's and 870's and trick them all out for you.. very sweet.  Personally I went with a Benelli M1super90 because of the pistol grip and better (IMHO) ghost ring sights.  The action is butter smooth and lightning fast. I can get a lot of lead into the air in a hurry.  The only problem with it is it is a bitch to load quickly. My thumb always seems to get eatin up by the magazine tube.  That's why if SHTF, and the perp isn't down after one slug followed quickly by five 00 buck, screw reloading, I drop the Benelli and reach for my trusty back up, an M4 slung over my back.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 4:15:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top