Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2002 10:46:02 AM EDT
I was the chap who acquired the 475 TREMOR from Tony Rumore. Tony sent a few loaded rounds with the upper so I've had a chance to fire it. It has a beautiful roar and the recoil is very manageable. I'm in the process of having dies cut by CH Tool & Die and rounding up some brass. So when I get all the pieces together, I'll be able to load some rounds and see what it can do. But, in the mean time, I thought maybe some of you would enjoy seeing it.

The top pic is the gun - DPMS upper on Colt Sporter lower w/ HoloSight

Middle pic is muzzle view with the 475 case on the left and a 223 on the right.

Bottom pic is loaded mags - (L to R) 475 TREMOR w/ 400g Speer GoldDot, 300 Whisper w/ 220g Sierra, 223 IMI 55g.

Link Posted: 3/14/2002 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/14/2002 10:49:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks brouhaha, i figured it out one minute too late.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Congratulations on your Tromix monster.  I have one of the 458 SOCOM that Tony made and had to get the dies from CH4D as well, but well worth it! It is fun as hell to shoot that thing, and the looks you get when it belches out one of those massive chunks of lead down range is hilarious! You will love it and find yourself in a constant state of case prep and reloading for it!!

Link Posted: 3/15/2002 4:58:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I am interested in the .458 myself. Where can bullets for this rd be found. Are they common? Isn't the Brass is from ? I forget.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:02:33 AM EDT
[#5]
slobber, slobber, slobber,

how many rounds in a 30 round mag?
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:19:08 AM EDT
[#6]
10 rounds in a 30 round .223 mag, 15 rounds in a USA 40 rounder.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:45:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey Tony, fill me in.  I've heard some rumors that you're no longer making these uppers.  Is this true???
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:09:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, most people think I'm a nut, since I just quit making stuff, but I would call it more like retirement.  I have a great day job that pays the bills and working nights and weekends got old after awhile.

Tromix is still in business, but I am just not doing any business, if that makes any sense.  Maybe down the road I'll get back into the game, but for now, I'm just hanging out, drinking beer, and chasing women.  

The only thing in work now, is a twin barreled, over-under M16 fed by two opposing (top/bottem) Beta C magazines.  The trigger on the front pistol grip fires the top barrel, and the trigger on the rear grip fires the bottem barrel.  That gives you 200 rounds on tap and will look cool as hell when the empties stream out both sides of the weapon.

I'll post some pics when its done.

Tony Rumore
Tromix Corp

Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:14:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'm just hanging out, drinking beer, and chasing women.  

Tony Rumore
Tromix Corp

I seem to remember that you not only chase but also capture them wimenz !
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:27:16 AM EDT
[#10]
OK, here's a pic for you.  Mary Jo (ex-Tromix booth girl) with my new toy.

M60-E3 belt fed machine gun.

Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:40:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Here's another one.  Mary Jo on the left, Amber on the right.  I'm the goofy look'n character in the middle.

Nothing like being the meat in that sandwich.

Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:16:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I am interested in the .458 myself. Where can bullets for this rd be found. Are they common? Isn't the Brass is from ? I forget.

You can reload it yourself like I do, or CORBON sells it with a 300gr HP. It has been rumored that CORBON will be loading it with the Barnes X bullet fairly soon, but I think Ill just keep loading my own!

Tony, when are you going to have more brass available? You had mentioned the possibility of getting another run of brass being made. Any ideas? And thanks for passing on the addiction!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top