Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2002 7:57:01 PM EDT
I just picked up a 34xxx sn Colt Sp1 for $1400.00, hope I didn't pay too much. Rifle is 95% minor wear and small scratches/fired but doesn't look abused. It has a 3 prong flash suppressor on it, is this the correct type? It also has a stainless washer under the flash suppressor, is this correct? I called Colt last week to get a definite build date on the gun but all I got was a voice mail message so I left info but haven't heard back from them. Do I keep trying to contact the Historical dept. or forget it and seek info elsewhere. I know it is a '74 build but don't know day/month. Is that info available?

TIA

LJG
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:38:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a 19000 range and it has an A1 flash supressor. Colt changed from 3 prong to A1 somewhere in the 17000- 19000 range. The stainless washer is NOT correct. Colt customer service will not give month and day, only year and dont go to the historical,just go to customer service, usually they will tell you the year right on the phone.Colt Historical WILL give full info on build date for $150. If the rifle is mint, your in the ball park on price.    PS- post your question on the Colt forum under Industry forums,there are guys there who know alot more than I do about Colts.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 4:52:04 AM EDT
[#2]
A parkerized split lockwasher is correct for your rifle's flash hider.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 12:33:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info. I'll try to find one.
LJG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top