Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2002 5:18:37 PM EDT
I was Just watching the movie "Heat" (good Movie)and I have kinda a stupid question I guess, Does anyone know what the gun is that Pacino uses in the end gun fight? The one he kills Tom sizemore with?

Thanks
Josh
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#1]
At the bank shoot-out, I believe it was a FNC.

As to his handgun at LAX, Don't know.  it was small.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:09:55 PM EDT
[#2]
It is a FNC.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes,  FAL FNC  , kind of resembles a Daewoo

I think Pacino's pistol is a Colt Officer's
model with ivory grips.

DeNiro uses a Glock & a Sig doesn't he ??
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:23:59 PM EDT
[#4]
just watched the movie again!
it's a fnc folder with a short barrel-
and apparrently pacino missed the training deniro and kilmer got. he looked like a phony.
they looked like pros.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:24:42 PM EDT
[#5]
You know, funny thing about Deniro's handgun.  I would swear that it's a SIG P226 at every point in the movie.  But, early in the movie, when he lays it down on the glass table of his beach house, I see a clearly defined lever.  The lever looks like a short and wide 1911 safety and is positioned like a 1911 thumb safety.  Yet, it still clearly looks like a P226 grip.  This is out of place on a P226 and had me questioning what it was.  Maybe some fancy (and unnecessary on a P226) add-on accessory?  I dunno.

EDITED: I mistakely referred to this character as Pacino's.  Got the two mixed up.  Doh!  I also initially thought that Pacino's rifle was a Daewoo.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Thoughts on Robert DeNiro's weapons...

First, I think the pistols seen at the house was a HK USP of some sort - if for no other reason than it looks just like mine from that angle...the other weapon, seen mostly at the end of the movie, was without a doubt a Sig P220.

Don't you all just love those scenes with the heavy barreled carbines?   And yes, Pacino's rifle was an FN FNC Para.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:21:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I like Tom Sizemores Galil!
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:35:15 PM EDT
[#8]
This question was long overdue.  Usually the what-gun-was-Pacino-using-in-the-movie-Heat question comes up once in 4 months.  I think this time it was closer to 6.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 12:16:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This question was long overdue.  Usually the what-gun-was-Pacino-using-in-the-movie-Heat question comes up once in 4 months.  I think this time it was closer to 6.

Close, but no cigar. Actually, this question came up a month ago, and in December, and in October, and in August, and in June...

Yup, I can't believe I just used the search button and typed in "heat" and came up with all that.

BTW, DeNiro used a USP and a Sig.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 3:48:47 AM EDT
[#10]
The question I'd like to see answered, is what type (brand) of vest/mag carry do they use when they knock over the armored car?  I think they also use it for the bank job.  

Link Posted: 3/14/2002 3:49:45 AM EDT
[#11]
I believe tha Pacino's handgun was a Para-Ordnance P-whatever short .45ACP with manly fake ivory grips to contrast with his black clothing.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 6:31:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Here you go....

Store this picture and when this question pops up again in May, just paste it into a reply.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 6:52:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Has anybody else ever caught the goof in the scene where DeNiro shoots out the car's windshield from the inside?

They shoot the scene with a camera looking in from the driver's side and also the passenger's side.

I forget which is which but from one camera DeNiro is shooting his M16 carbine and from the opposite angle he is blasting the windshield with a Galil.

Oops.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I believe tha Pacino's handgun was a Para-Ordnance P-whatever short .45ACP with manly fake ivory grips to contrast with his black clothing.

No, I'm pretty sure it was a standard Colt Officer's Model.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I've only heard it about three times  
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 2:04:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The question I'd like to see answered, is what type (brand) of vest/mag carry do they use when they knock over the armored car?  I think they also use it for the bank job.  

ditto
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 9:33:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I've only heard it about three times  

There should be a FAQ written re. Steyr and  Howco importing the semi version of the FNC80 into the US as the "Police Model" and how the FNC is really a derivative of the FN-CAL, not the FN-FAL.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 10:54:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yeah, doesn't Sizemore hava an FAL in that scene ?
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 10:57:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Movies that have guns in them should run a list of guns used in the credits
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 3:41:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, doesn't Sizemore hava an FAL in that scene ?

Yup.  Long sucker.  I'll have to get the DVD out this weekend and rewatch.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I hate to keep this thread going , but I'm certain that Pacino used a Commander sized 1911.  He most certainly had a full size grip (to better show off the ivory).

I really have to get the proper software to capture images from DVD's....

EDITED for typo.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:19:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Here's one I couln't figure out. Why are they wearing bungie cords crossing their backs and looped under each armpit when they take the armored car at the begining of the movie??
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:42:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Here's one I couln't figure out. Why are they wearing bungie cords crossing their backs and looped under each armpit when they take the armored car at the begining of the movie??

They had their weapons slinged on them
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top