Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2002 2:15:07 PM EDT
A local shop has a new Dan Wesson Pointman Hi-Cap (PMHC)for $425.  It is an entry level IDPA/carry model with one 10-round mag.  The shop owner told me that it will use pre-ban high-cap Kimber P14 mags.

Anyone have a Dan Wesson 1911?  Opinions and facts wanted.

Thanks,
Brisco
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#1]
You should check the handgun forums. Waverunner and Counterstrike both have Pointmans and like them.  HTH.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 12:38:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't comment directly on the hi-cap because I have not played with that model but here is what I can offer....

$425 is relatively inexpensive in the realm of 1911s yet for the money you will get world class customer service should you ever need it.  I believe that the hi-cap has a similar parts selection to the Pointman Minor (besides the hi-cap frame of course).  It does use the same mags as the other big hi-cap guys but I'm no expert.  I think it uses Para-Ordenance mags, of which there are tons, and I think you can still find the 14 rounders.

Another board member, Delmarksman, bought a minor about 6-8 months ago maybe we can get a report from him.

Dan Wesson is still a small enough outfit to really take care of individual customers.  They make their guns in a mid-sized shop not to far from me in Upstate NY.  Every time I jump in like this to spread the word I try to convince people to call or e-mail them because you will talk directly to someone in the know and they will talk your ear off.  This is exactly what happened to Waverunner when he was looking for his first 1911 and by the time he got off the phone he was hooked.

Give them a shot and you won't be disappointed.

My girlfriend and I each have a Pointman major and we are both real pleased, of the two we only had a small problem with the extraction on her gun (a 9mm) that was fixed quickly by the DW guys.

Feel free to e-mail me if you have questions but even better give the DW guys a chance to do what thier best at: 607-336-1174  www.danwessonfirearms.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top