Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2002 8:33:43 PM EDT
I'm sure I'll get pounded for even asking but here goes:

Does anyone have a link or some good information on how to make different types of silencers?

Now before anyone totally flames me, I am a law abiding citizen seeking knowledge to satisfy my curiosity. It is for entertainment purposes only. I have no desire to make a silencer for anything. I just don't know anything about them and was curious how they work and what they are made of.

Okay, I probably won't get any good information but I thought it was worth a shot.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#1]
i'm not sure about internet sites, but paladin press and delta press have several good books (for informational and academic purposes) as far as being a law abiding citizen, with the proper paperwork, silencers are legal in several states..
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 9:32:08 PM EDT
[#2]
U.S. Patent office office, and books on the designs of Sir Hiram Maxim  should be a good start.

Meplat-
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Ponyboy posted pics of his silencer disassembled a while back:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=95875
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 1:03:39 PM EDT
[#4]
think "muffler". baffles to dissipate the sound.

wetworx.com had some of this stuff, are they still up?

uncle sam has a document.
tapco has it, "silencers, principles and evaluations" $6.99
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top