Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2002 7:33:33 PM EDT
Alright guys, I need one of these. I have the will and the way. Now I just need the patience to wait for it. I want to be part of the pre-ban club, and the M4 is the way for me.

But while I wait, I'd love to see yours

So show it off, and tell me what you think of it.

And if anyone has an angle on one, drop me a line!
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Do a search.  This comes up all the time.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=100355
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:53:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy just about any preban lower for $750 or so.  Then order a preban M4 upper from Bushy for $550.

That's MUCH cheaper than buying a purebred Colt M4, and it will function pretty much the same.

Example...I have a preban Colt SP2 with a 20" upper that I replaced with a Bushy M4 upper...it functions flawlessly.  I'm about to get a Bushy preban lower so that I can put my Colt back into it's original config...should be here this week
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 8:14:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Do a search.  This comes up all the time.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=100355

Sorry Kevin, I'm just a little excited is all.
Oh, the check's in the mail, BTW
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#4]
HMC: No, I haven't ordered anything yet, still watching the EE everyday...... hourly. What looked like a very nice Colt slipped through my fingers there [>(] Oh well, I'm sure it's like my great grandfather used to say about a lost woman: 'Just like streetcars, another will come along shortly.'

Brouhaha: I'm not attached to the name Colt, don't worry. A BM would do nicely, and I'm hoping that it's hard to screw up manufacture of a lower. Any to avoid? I've toyed with the idea of assembling one myself......

Anyway guys, sorry for wasting the space. If nothing comes of it by tomorrow, I'll trash the thread.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 8:27:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It seems that some people are bad mouthing Colt here, but I always thought they were top of the line.

From what I have seen, it seems like people who own Colts, actually try to keep them in pristine condition since they are usually worth more.

FYI: all I own are Colts.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 3:51:06 AM EDT
[#6]
All my AR are Pre-ban Colt, except for one post ban which is a Wilson Combat.

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:16:15 AM EDT
[#7]
AR_Rifle, I bought a pre ban m4 type upper, guy says it is Wilson Combat but it has no name or markings accept on the horizontal crossbar of the front site/bayo lug. It has D98 then a circle with RI in the circle then a 2 Any idea?
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:44:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
AR_Rifle, I bought a pre ban m4 type upper, guy says it is Wilson Combat but it has no name or markings accept on the horizontal crossbar of the front site/bayo lug. It has D98 then a circle with RI in the circle then a 2 Any idea?

I don't think that Wilson made Pre-ban upper.  They made post ban look alike M4 upper with the Wilson brake. I have no idea of the marking that you are talking about. My Wilson AR is the TPR and it does not have the front sight.

Mispelled!
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#9]
No promises, as i am trying a new photo-hosting site for the first time. My apologies if you get the "red X of death".

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 12:57:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Seems like I'm in the same boat with you, or did you already order one?  Me- I'm still trying to make up my mind on my M-4.  

It seems that some people are bad mouthing Colt here, but I always thought they were top of the line. A Pre-ban Colt M-4 Mod R0977 is my latest contemplation.  A lot of $ though.  Most I've seen are around $2000!

If I have to get a Post ban- Between a Wilson M-4T, Bushy M-4 or a RRA M-4.  Too many choices!

I'd like to know what you think.  Anyway- wish I had a picture of my M-4 to share, but in a couple of months...

Ummm....how could a RO977 be pre ban or even available outside MIL/LE use, when it was introduced in the last few years, the previous model that matched it was the R0927.

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#11]
BTW, here´s mine

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

There is a company called Wilson that makes barrels and uppers for AR's. They have nothing to do with Wilson Combat.
IIRC, ASA uses Wilson uppers and barrels.
Wilson Combat only makes post ban uppers (for now I hope), but they DO have a fake 3 slot  flash supressor.

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Tuuka I don't know but if there really are Colt model R0977's floating around I'd pay any price for one.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 1:53:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Alright a question and a comment. first the question. How do I post pictures and second the comment.  M4's are really just a fad!  Before I get a whole bunch of fire from every body who has there sights set on one let me say that I have owned and sold two so I can speak from expeirience. I have owned a post ban Bushy and a preban Eagle with and M4 upper.  The coclusion I came up with was put the cuts where they will do some good unless you are looking soley for the cool factor.  If that is the case your dealing with a fad.  I bought a Bushmaster A3 W/ 14.5" hvy mg barrel with fluting and permanently installed Phantom.  To that I had the front site milled and flip up sites added.  The M4 barrel weighs 2.0lbs the heavy weighs 2.2 by the time you figure the weight dif between the milled front sight and flip ups vs standard front sight and carry handle you will probably come in near the same or less. The point I am trying to make is every one wants an M4.  When every one has an M4 whats next.  Why not spend a little more and get something that is unique and once every body has there M4 your will still be neat.  Next year when the guys who have the M4s Jump on the next AR upper Fad you will still be ahead of the jones.  When I figure out how to post I will show what I went with.    
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 2:07:53 PM EDT
[#15]
An answer and a comment. First the answer:

1. First you need to sign up for a free picture hosting site. I use www.webphotos.com.
2. After creating an album, upload any pictures that you want to store on the host site.
3. When you have the photo(s) in the album, click on the thumbnil photo to enlarge it to full size.
4. “Right” click on the photo and scroll down to “Properties” and “Left” click.
5. Find the address in the box that appears.
6. “Left” click behind the address and continue to hold the button down.
7. Move the cursor to the left until the entire address is highlighted and release the button.
8. “Right” click and scroll down to “Copy” and “Left” click.
9. Go to your post or reply on AR15.COM and “Right” click in the text box.
10. Scroll down to “Paste” and “Left” click.
11. Add {img} in front of the address that you have pasted and {/img} after it, only substitute the bracket [ for {.

Now for the comment. I have heard that the military is thinking about phasing out the M16A2 in favor of the M4. Currently, I believe that the M4 is issued to certain groups that stand the best chances of encountering hostile forces. I also feel that most choose the M4 because it is the most current offering.

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Here it is.  Bushmaster A3 w/ 14.5 hvy mg fluted barrel and permanently installed Pantom flashider.  The scope is a BSA 42mm w/ 5moa dot The scope is large enough to use the sights through it.  The front sight is Bushmasters flip up and the rear is a SWAN #40 low profile flip up.  The handguards are of the M4 variety and the picture does not show it well but all of the furniture is green.  I wanted the baby blue but my insisted against it.  I wanted something that was functional and something you don't see every day.
http://imagep.webphotos.iwon.com//1000033906/1000033906_313200264740PM0.5860102.jpg

Thanks to M4madness who helped me with my picture posting issues.
 As an issue weapon I would take an M4 over a A2. You still have an effective combat range in a smaller easier to manuever package.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 4:32:06 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
AR_Rifle:

I absolutely love your M-4, what type of model is that (looks like a Colt)?  How did you get it?  How much?  Please let me know all about it-I love that picture!

This is an all Colt M4.  I bought it from a guy at Gunsamerica.com, the upper is a new unfired Colt M4 and the lower is a Colt A2 Government Carbine R6520 with a 2 positions collapsible stock. I don't want to go into the price because everyone will say "Ouch!".  Yes, M4 is a fad and the price seems never to come down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top