Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2002 1:46:58 PM EDT
 Someone told me that they know someone who bought a POST-ban Colt 'Delta' AR-15 and that it had a birdcage style flash suppressor on it.
I told them that this configuration was not possible.

Is this possible..or is it a fake suppressor...or are they mistaken ????
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#1]
To the best of my knowledge,Colt discontinued sales of the Delta AR-15 to the public before the AW law came into effect.Hence no post ban Deltas exist.It is possible that someone assembled a "Delta clone" in this configuration though.HTH.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 4:16:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never heard that rumor before.  It seems rather suspect, but Colt has shipped rifles in a dizzying array of configurations.  It seems as if they slap rifles together from their left-over govt contract parts and the civilian market gets what it gets.

Scott Duff would know.  Check out www.scott-duff.com  

He specializes in recording ALL different variations of AR's.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:09:45 AM EDT
[#3]
My guess would be they were looking at a blue label gun. These had the flash suppressor but were missing the bayonet lug. They just presumed that the gun was a post ban with a f/s, when in fact blue label Colts are preban.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top