Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2002 5:18:42 AM EDT
Anyone had any experience with this scope..?
Looks interesting..

http://www.sableco.net/id31.htm

Cg..
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 7:20:01 AM EDT
[#1]
    I've really enjoyed Leupolds products over the years and have a couple of their high dollar long ranges scopes and love them.  

I copied the following from another post on the same subject, they are just my thoughts and opinions on the Leupold CQ/T for Tactical work, just because I don't feel that it's well suited for tactical work doesn't mean that it won't work well for other situations:  

I had read many good things about the Leupold CQT sight and got to handle it extensively at the SHOT SHOW. Here are my thought on the Leupold CQT:

The things that I didn't like about the Leupold CQT sight is that it was too big, it was too heavy, why would anyone need a rail system on a scope is beyond me (unless you are a professional mall ninja), it was too long (with a close quarters battle sight you want the ability to mount the sight far foward), the battery only lasts 7 hours, the eye relief was extreemly short for a CQB sight, the field of view was way too narrow, it costs over $700, the CQT has a "dot inside of a circle reticle" and with the narrow field of view it made the field of view too cluttered, ect, ect, ect.

With a CQB sight you want a small, lightweight package that you can far from you eye so you can see what is going on around you. The Leupold CQT is built like a long range scope (ie long, heavy, shorter eye releif), but it really wouldn't work well as a long range scope either because it only 1x - 3x.

I don't want to bash Leupold because I really enjoy their products. With the CQT sight, there was not a lot of thought put into the product or it was made by someone who didn't know what the end user needs in a close quarters battle optic.

If I were looking for something with no magnification I would go with something like the Aimpoint ML2 (battery life in the 100s to 1,000s of hours depending on setting) for around $300 or if I were looking for something with some kind of magnification I would go with something like the 2x or 3x mini ACOGs for around $500.

Basically, the Leupold is the wrong tool for the job, it's just not pratical and has all the wrong features. Just my .02 on the Leupold CQT.

Here's a link to the entire conversation in referenct to the Leupold CQ/T:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=97312

Semper Fi
Jeff
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top