Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2002 7:27:29 PM EDT
I'm shooting a 3-gun match this weekend in Phoenix, and I overheard someone talking about ASA announcing that they are going out of business. Is anyone able to confirm this? I will try to get more info tomorrow....
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 8:25:43 PM EDT
[#1]
wow, this would be a turn... they just came out with the .308 rifle (ar clone(~)) IIRC
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Be carefull about rumors.....

Link Posted: 3/10/2002 5:34:43 AM EDT
[#3]
With their products and customer service I can easily believe this rumor.

Now I heard just a whisper - maybe a week ago - that the company might be sold.  Count this info as something 'below' rumor so far as reliability.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 10:53:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe somebody should tell the buyer about the lawsuits.  There are at least 3.  Wes Harris is after them.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 12:49:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Maybe somebody should tell the buyer about the lawsuits.  There are at least 3.  Wes Harris is after them.

A well informed post.  And, as you said, more than Wes Harris.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 4:55:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I've received some clarification on this subject. Apparently, ASA was inspected by BATF and there were a few discrepencies found and they were cited. Bob had one of his infamous fits and threatened to close down the company, but then someone convinvced him to breathe. In short, they are not closing down.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:41:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep, but they're still being sued.  I've heard of three cases.  Harris is suing over nonpayment of bills I think.  ArmaLite is suing for patent violations and ASA using some of Armalite's drawings when they built their .308.  Another outfit won a case of non-payment.  I talked to a rep from a BIG manufacturer who says Bob offered the company to them a while back but they passed.  There's not much to buy because the company operates out of a little storefront in a strip mall.

I wonder what happens to the lawsuits when they sell out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top