Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2002 6:11:56 PM EDT
I went shooting today and something weird started to happen when I used the sling for support while shooting from the standing position, my groups began to migrate left of where is was aiming about 2" at 25 yards. Also my usual dime sized groups at this range balloned out quarter sized groups with the same ammo I always use.  As I was doing my cleaning this evening I noticed that the delta ring was real loose and could be moved about pretty easily, then I noticed that I could wiggle the front sight base back and forth with little effort.  This is on a nearly new quality brand rifle so I was suprised to say the least.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening?  I will be sending mine back for warranty but what is the fix for this?  

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Sometimes the barrel is torqued down wrong because of a false reading caused by a burr in the threads.  After a little shooting the burr can get flattened and leave a loose barrel nut.  I saw it on an FN M16A2 once.

It's easy to solve.

A lot depends on what you've got.  Some of the part kit guns use pretty poor parts.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top