Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2002 5:47:14 PM EDT
Does anyone know how to lighten the trigger pull on a Ruger m77 mark II?  Pull is clean but HEAVY.  ZT
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I lightened up trigger pull on my Ruger model 77/22 by installing a lighter trigger spring. I removed the spring and measured the length and width of spring, and also the diameter of the wire the spring was made of. I worked at a cat dealer, and used the spring dimensions to find a spring with similar measurements but a smaller wire size in a similar parts book.
A business that specializes in fasteners should be able to sell you almost any size of spring. I brought my trigger pull from 6 pounds down to 4 pounds. If you want to know what size the spring I used is, let me know and I will remove it and measure it.
This is a very cheap method of reducing the weighht of the trigger pull.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:50:45 PM EDT
[#2]
the mark I Ruger 77s had an adjustable trigger
the mark IIs are not adjustable

i think a couple companies makes a drop in solution that adjusts

www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ruger+77+II+adjustable+trigger&btnG=Google+Search
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#3]
How do you lighten it?  You sell it and buy a remington! Ok,I know I'm a wiseass, but I love the Rem triggers!
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:14:48 AM EDT
[#4]
d348, I was hoping a lighter spring would reduce pull.  Break is clean, so I really don't need a new mechanism. Too bad they don't make these things adjustable any more.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 8:06:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a ruger not too long ago, the 77VT model (I don't know if this is the same as a mk II).  If you search ruger VT trigger on google (yes, anti-gun, I know) there are a couple sites that show you how to do it.

And, of course, you could do like I did and has already been suggested here and buy a rem 700.  I couldn't get the VT to group worth a dman and I tried every thing I know to do (handloads, lighten trigger, different scope...)  Hope your luck is better.

Load Sabot!

Tanker
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 3:48:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Spec-Tech
Timney
Moyers
all make good adjustable MKII triggers.
I tried the Dayton-Traister...Wouldn't function.  Close bolt and sear drops.  Adjust it so the sear doesn't drop and the safety doesn't function.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top