Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2002 2:24:11 PM EDT
I picked up some ammo for my CZ52 today and need some help with IDing the stuff.

It came in white cardboard boxes, no label, 5 stripper clips with 8 rds each.

Headstamp reads: bxn  53  1

Strippers are stamped: bxn 53 on the back side.

Any help would be great, I did a Google search but no help. I think bxn is Czech, is this true. And 53 the year of mfgr. I did find a pick of a CZ52 that fired a very hot round. This split the barrel and slide in half, the firer was lucky, no injuries. Some of this Mil Surp ammo scares me! LOL
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#1]
It is Czech ..... but that's all I can tell you other than manufactured in 1953.

This may confuse things more..... but thought you should see it!

www.goags.com/~c-r-ffl/archives/199806/msg03772.html

DaMan
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 4:37:28 PM EDT
[#2]
DaMan, thanks! That sounds like the ammo I have except mine are brass cased. Interesting link. thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:39:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Sellier & Belliot supplied the ammo for the Czech military. I have some on 8 round strips. Mine has "53" marked on the brass.

Even that old, mine all worked fine. I am curious to know why it is on stripper clips, because neither the Tokarev or the CZ-52 have a guide.

Does the PPSH have a loading spoon for the magazine?
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 5:58:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I did some more research and it seems the CZ machine gun mags came with adapters built on to accept the stripper clips. This must be ammo meant for that rifle. I just hope it's safe to shoot.

My first experience with my new CZ52 was no fun. I bought New Generation Ammo, nice plastic box but the ammo sucked. Duds and the stuff would not fully cycle my pistol. The slide would sometimes stay out of battery about 1/10th of an inch. A tap with my thumb would seat the slide.

I hope this ammo is better, I was told these pistols are a blast (literally) to shoot.

Mine is in original park, one dot on the slide, made in "53".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top