Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2002 2:22:28 PM EDT
I was going to go shoot with my friend, and he wanted to basically put a nail in a board, and use my remington 700 to nail it completely in at 100 yards (no joke!) but his car broke down and we spent hours trying to get it to start back up and finally had to call a friend to get me home

anyone else have stories of ruined shooting trip that you want to share?
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 2:57:11 PM EDT
[#1]
once i brought a rifle to the range and forgot to bring the magazine for it.  doh!
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
once i brought a rifle to the range and forgot to bring the magazine for it.  doh!

I did the same thing with an Enfield that I have. Then on my last trip I brought my ammo but forgot the shotgun(talk about a case of the dumbass).
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 3:44:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I wanted to be safe and bought locks for all my guns. Went to the range and forgot the keys.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 3:47:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I wanted to be safe and bought locks for all my guns. Went to the range and forgot the keys.

hmmm... you could always ask the guys there to shoot the locks off....
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 3:51:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I bought a bunch of new locks for my trip to the recent VA shoot and then drove half-way down the country without the keys...  Luckily, BlackFox had a pair of bolt cutters handy!

Talk about DOH!
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 3:54:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I bought a bunch of new locks for my trip to the recent VA shoot and then drove half-way down the country without the keys...  Luckily, BlackFox had a pair of bolt cutters handy!

Talk about DOH!

I wondered if you were going to tell that story or not. It was a sad sight to see you cut those locks too.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 4:04:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Talk about DOH!

I wondered if you were going to tell that story or not. It was a sad sight to see you cut those locks too.

Hey, after shooting the Barrett, the loss of a few master locks (and most other things in life), just kinda seemed to not matter anymore
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Just remember the keys when the BRC comes around, unless you want me to pack my bolt cutters.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 4:15:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, I once went to the range that I do most of my shooting, set out all of my guns, and then realized that I didn't bring any ammo.  I then went back in the house and got the ammo.  It's sure nice when the range is in your backyard!  

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:04:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:15:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I was taking my brother in law to shoot in the desert and the water pump in my POS nova went out and stranded us for a few hours. I almost unloaded on the car tho...
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:30:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I have both forgotten to bring the right ammo and forgot the magazines a couple of times. Now I usually bring at least 3 guns and ammo so I can shoot something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top