Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2002 11:13:30 AM EDT
I need some help answering a question, I am 18 and nothing prohibits me from owning a firearm, can my dad loan me his .45 pistol so I can go too the range? In california you have to be 21 to buy a handgun but I remember something about a father can give a handgun to his immediate family members? like granfather to gradson father to son.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 11:45:54 AM EDT
[#1]
any one?
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes you can.  If my memory serves me correctly you need a letter from your dad saying that he lent you the weapon to shoot.

Check the gun stores around there for the book "How to keep your guns and stay out of jail."

If he has any assault rifles, he has to be with you for you to use it.  If not you chance getting it confiscated.

yes I was a California resident.

Max
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 11:53:44 AM EDT
[#3]
In Michigan the pistol must be registered to the one in pocession.  You must go thru all the background checks.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 11:54:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Not sure about CA law but if the law is 21 to own one then I don't think it would be wise for you to take a handgun anywhere. You could end up getting into trouble and never be able to own a firearm again. I would contact your local or state police department to make sure what the law is in your state.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 11:57:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I had "how to own a gun and stay out of jail" and My FFL who got me a real good deal on my last gun wanted to borrow it and I haven't gotton it back, You would think the FFL would just buy his own!
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 12:13:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 12:56:11 PM EDT
[#7]
What Aimless said! Here is a different format...

caag.state.ca.us/firearms/dwcl/index.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top