Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2002 8:25:31 PM EDT
I've wanted an M4Gery for the longest time. Finally decided to order an upper from Bushmaster. Waited a couple days for a tracking number and called when it didn't show. The nice lady (no sarcasm, she really was very nice) informs me they don't have any M4 profile barrels. They won't even start making them until next month. I have to wait a MONTH just to find out how far down the waiting list I am. I asked if they could substitute a standard barrel. She tells me they don't have any barrels. WTF is that? Why did I have to call them to find out they have nothing to sell? If they have nothing to sell, why do they take orders?

Does anyone know of a dealer that has Bushmaster 16" A3 uppers (PURA2 16M4) in stock?
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 8:29:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Stand in line
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 8:37:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, stand in line. I am waiting for a 16" light weight barrel myself. I was told 4 to 6 weeks, we will see.

The pisser is that my gunsmiths moronic, drooling, hairy knuckled, wheezing, paunch bellied, knock kneed, puss dripping, dumb ass of an assistant cut my perfectly good Colt barrel to 15" because I told him to turn down the threads. His solution to my problem was to cut off the threads. Now what kind of gunsmith cuts a known 16" barrel to NFA length? A moronic, drooling, hairy knuckled, wheezing, paunch bellied, knock kneed, puss dripping, dumb ass assistant, thats who!

I have to give up my Colt for A Bushy barrel. Sucks, sucks, sucks.

I hope your wait is not too long.

-elliott
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunatley it's just the way it is. You're lucky you're even able to be in line. I found a dealer that had the Bushmaster rifle I was looking for in-stock and it was a total pain in the #@! to find an FFL willing to do a transfer. Still waiting... at least I'm too busy this weekend to have gone to a range anyways.

They take orders very simply because backlog is a good thing to have. If you know you're going to sell 50% of your production before it's even boxed up to ship from the factory that's a good thing.

I think buying whole rifles is easier relatively because of the number of places that publish their stock of them. Parts and uppers has to be much more difficult.

Someone here should be able to pin something down though. Just wanted to say you're not alone. Best of luck!
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The pisser is that my gunsmiths moronic, drooling, hairy knuckled, wheezing, paunch bellied, knock kneed, puss dripping, dumb ass of an assistant cut my perfectly good Colt barrel to 15" because I told him to turn down the threads. His solution to my problem was to cut off the threads. Now what kind of gunsmith cuts a known 16" barrel to NFA length? A moronic, drooling, hairy knuckled, wheezing, paunch bellied, knock kneed, puss dripping, dumb ass assistant, thats who!

-elliott

so i take it you are upset with him.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 8:51:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to the club. I've been in line for an upper with a fluted 20" for 6 weeks at least. Originally I orderd just the barrel, but decided thing might happen more quickly if I upgraded my order to a complete upper.  

Time will tell...
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm thrilled to hear that business is so good. I told this story to a liberal co-worker just so I could torture him with the thought of all those black rifles going into circulation.

I just wish they could do like Ammoman and other vendors who post availability info right on the web site.

I'll probably wait. Turning down an old truck axle just wouldn't look right.

Maybe I could take a hacksaw to my 20" HBAR
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 8:59:25 PM EDT
[#7]
as far as i'm concerned, there are no other options.

i wouldn't buy from anyone but bushy or colt for a barrel.

and colt is way too expensive.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 9:07:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
as far as i'm concerned, there are no other options.

i wouldn't buy from anyone but bushy or colt for a barrel.

and colt is way too expensive.

My sentiments exactly. Damn, I hate waiting.

Anybody got an extra Bushy M4 upper laying around? Spring cleaning's not too far away. I'd be happy to help you get an early start.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 9:19:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Couldn't you have them braze on a muzzle brake to get the barrel over 16 inches?
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 1:23:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yep, stand in line. I am waiting for a 16" light weight barrel myself. I was told 4 to 6 weeks, we will see.

I have to give up my Colt for A Bushy barrel. Sucks, sucks, sucks.

I hope your wait is not too long.

-elliott

Send it to Kurt's Kustom for one of his A3 brakes.  If you're not familiar iwth Kurt's work check it out in Industry Forums.  If you're gonna throw the Colt barrel away I might be interested.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 12:20:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I found/bought mine from the Equipment exchange in the begining of the year.  With all the talk I jumped on one that showed up.  It was a Bush M4A3 16 incher plus a Mini Y Comp.  Sent it to Kurt for a Compensatorectomy and to have a afak Flash Supressor pressed on over the end, keeping the barrel a full 16 inches.  I see there are a couple of Bushy M4 uppers + 1 postban configured barrel there right now.  The only downfall are these are 14.5 inch with the brakes attatched (If you have your heart set on a full 16 inch barrel).
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 12:37:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Dude, just wait in line and be patient.  I just got my M4 upper from Bushmaster last week after a 4 week wait.  Their service is second to none and their uppers are top notch.  It was well worth the wait.

Regards,
SOL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top