Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2002 7:05:02 PM EDT
Anyone own or used one of these?  Thinking about making it my reenlistment present to myself.  I was looking for info on the loss of velocity/range going fromthe 22" to the 18" scout barrel.  Also, does the weaver rail on the scout prevent you from mounting the 56mm mil dot scope?
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Not to be an opportunist...but I've got a very slightly used one, with accessories, for sale on the rifle/shotgun board.  I think just about any scope mount combo can be configred on the Scout.  The forward mount is also easily removed/installed if need be. Not sure about the velocity question, but I can't imagine the loss to be very substantial, even out to 500 meters or more. The .308 ain't no wimpy thang.:)
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:51:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I don’t have one.  However, I recall other posts here where owners have complained that the Weaver mount gets hot very fast.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 8:49:49 AM EDT
[#3]
ok...but what I want to know is if you can mount Springfields 56mm scope as you would to any of their other m1a rifles with the forward weaver base still attached, or does the front of the scope hit the weaver mount?  Also...anyone ever see a wood replacement for the plastic handguard?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top