Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2021 2:32:22 PM EDT
i picked up a couple of cheap Luth AR stocks, but they're pink
i dyed some parts a couple of years ago and didn't have great luck.

can i get to a real black with dit dye? do i use black dye or another color dye? i read some people have used chocolate brown and graphite...
is there a special polymer dye or just regular rit dye?

thanks
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 7:45:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Rit has a line of dyes for synthetic fabrics. I would try that if I didn't want to spray paint.  

ETA: https://www.ritdye.com/type/dyemore-for-synthetics/
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 2:02:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Black Rit Dye for synthetics will work (as long as the polymer itself is pink, and it isn't a pink coating like cerakote).

I've dyed FDE polymer with it before to turn it black, it turns out pretty close to true black, but appears very dark navy blue under bright light.

Keep in mind that the dye only penetrates about 1mm or so, so if it gets scratched you might need to redye, or touch it up with a sharpie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top