Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2021 2:20:26 PM EDT
Anyone know of a business where I can send some parts in to be DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) coated? I have a few parts I want coated.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:43:08 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.jabuie.com/ionbond.html

I've communicated with this guy about doing a barrel for me. He in NC...prices seem good.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:57:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've communicated with this guy about doing a barrel for me. He in NC...prices seem good.
View Quote

I’ve used him before, did a bunch of bcg parts for me.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:03:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I never tried him, but he answered a bunch of questions for me about one off parts that aren't on the website. Super quick responses and the prices were great. I reached out to many other companies who charge either more, or would never reply. This was during the height of covid.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Those prices are high.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:41:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Those prices are high.
View Quote

Well?

Who does it better cheaper?

@Holdemdown
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Google is your friend grasshoppa.  Off top of my head, Black Phoenix Tactical and others that mill slides.
Also might try Springer Precision and Larson Tactical.

Sure miss the days when Ionbond in NC accepted work directly, best prices of anybody.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:05:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is pretty much the best service for DLC.  Keep in-mind, this is an intense prefixes.  These guys usually hold u til they have a good sized batch and the work a batch.  That keeps prices down, although still high.  My experience was with Bolts and BCGs.  I am not sure why you would want to DLC / ion bond a barrel.  Usually you are looking fir parts with a lot of metal to metal friction.  Costly for the exterior of a barrel.  I have not heard of having the interior bore done.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 4:51:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Look into NP3 as well. Assuming you want the coating for lubricity.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 1:35:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This is pretty much the best service for DLC.  Keep in-mind, this is an intense prefixes.  These guys usually hold u til they have a good sized batch and the work a batch.  That keeps prices down, although still high.  My experience was with Bolts and BCGs.  I am not sure why you would want to DLC / ion bond a barrel.  Usually you are looking fir parts with a lot of metal to metal friction.  Costly for the exterior of a barrel.  I have not heard of having the interior bore done.
View Quote

He doesn't do the bore
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 2:39:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

OR you could send it to Ionbond yourself.

Ionbond
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 6:14:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ionbond
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ionbond

The NC facility was taking individual work, but stopped years ago.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 12:23:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Are you doing dozens of parts or just one?  One will cost you dearly.  I have used Ionbond in NC.  Slow, expensive, non-reaponsive, gets the job done.  They tend to batch yiur stuff with others and then work o. It.  This is not an easy one-off project.  It does not lend itself to non-volume work.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Bumping this up as the site listed in at the beginning is dead....anyone have another vendor?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:45:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Also interested
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 12:45:57 AM EDT
[#15]
I think the question was answered, but someone does not like the answer.  DLC coating is an expensive proposition and is done in batches.  Ionbond  is the best service that I am aware of, but needs a minimum batch level.  If you do t have that, you are likely not getting service.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Richter Precision in East Petersburg PA does DLC, as well as a variety of other PVD, but parts need to be sent in from an FFL. They will not accept from an individual, regardless of whether it's serialized or not.

You send clean, disassembled parts and they will prep and coat them. If the parts are not disassembled they will ship it right back. Pricing to the FFL is reasonable, but obviously the dealer is going to mark it up. Minimum order is $150 if I recall.

If you cannot find anyone else to do it, might be worth making friends with a local kitchen table dealer and have them send parts to Richter.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 2:35:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Chad is the shit, super good to go. Can do small or large parts, min order i did was $30 or $40 (suppressor collar), ive done entire barrels as well, i did an entire remdef acr 10 5 assembly, ive also had a ss custom dimpled heavy 10.5 done by him too.  Pure sex and forget about rust.  Not cheap but thats not the point. He uses a local dlc who produces a thicker better coating than ionbond, so he doesnt use them anymore.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 8:43:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Chad is the shit, super good to go. Can do small or large parts, min order i did was $30 or $40 (suppressor collar), ive done entire barrels as well, i did an entire remdef acr 10 5 assembly, ive also had a ss custom dimpled heavy 10.5 done by him too.  Pure sex and forget about rust.  Not cheap but thats not the point. He uses a local dlc who produces a thicker better coating than ionbond, so he doesnt use them anymore.
View Quote

Mind sending me his info?  Looking to have some work done
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top