Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2014 5:01:23 PM EDT
I've got a hydro dip kit that I want to use on a recent AR build.

I've read and watched a lot of tutorials, and have a pretty good handle on things. I think...

The one area that I am still not sure is the best approach to dipping the receivers. I want to dip them as one piece so the pattern is contiguous, but I'm not sure the best way to do this. I have seen several videos where they tape off one side of the receivers and dip the other, but the videos all end there. My question is for the remaining side, so you simply dip that side next OR do you have to tape off the dipped side first before dipping the second side.

Andy guidance here would really be appreciated.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:33:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends on the pattern and the paints.
If it's in a dip kit those paints are pretty much garbage, never dealt with them so I don't know the dip window on them.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:33:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Hope someone can help you, ide like to hear more on this. Because ide like to get a better matching lower for an upper I want. And if I can't find it, which I haven't yet, I was thinking about this or something!

Thread Up! ^
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:43:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Check out the thread one this page maybe 5 down from here, actually good info and like he says checked out the YouTube vids
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top