Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2013 6:21:53 PM EDT
I've read questions if it was possible but didn't see a response of anyone knowing. So can it be done?
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#1]
All day long.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 5:24:13 AM EDT
[#2]
with the proper blasting of the surface either of the coatings could care less about the barrel being stainless or chromemoly.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 8:41:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I've read questions if it was possible but didn't see a response of anyone knowing. So can it be done?
View Quote

I have a WOA stainless barrel that was Cerakoted black for me by Adco, probably about 6 years ago (I can't remember exactly).  It has held up very well in fact it looks pretty much the same as when I picked it up...

Admittedly not the greatest picture of the barrel, but it is visible in the pic below:

Link Posted: 9/3/2013 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you all for the help!
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:57:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I do Cerakote professionally. My experience says that H-series is good for most barres. I would use Durakote if I thought it was a better product. However, my favorite barrel coating is KG Gunkote 1600F Flat Black. Blast with 120 AO, degrease, heat to about 150. Spray. Bake at 325 for 1 hour. Works great on stainless or whatever. I do a lot of slide refinishing, mainly Glocks, and like the KG black over the Cerakote armor black on the barrels. Cerakote for slide, KG for barrel.

I'm also testing Microslick on some internal pieces. My expectation is high.

Full-auto barrels might fair best with C-series Cearkote.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 5:38:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I do Cerakote professionally. My experience says that H-series is good for most barres. I would use Durakote if I thought it was a better product. However, my favorite barrel coating is KG Gunkote 1600F Flat Black. Blast with 120 AO, degrease, heat to about 150. Spray. Bake at 325 for 1 hour. Works great on stainless or whatever. I do a lot of slide refinishing, mainly Glocks, and like the KG black over the Cerakote armor black on the barrels. Cerakote for slide, KG for barrel.

View Quote
If I bake it in the house is there an odor?

Link Posted: 9/4/2013 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am a professional Cerakote applicator as well and will beg to differ your opinion on KG Gunkote verse Armor Black.  Cerakote out preforms KG in every way possible.  100 percent Cerakote work in my shop as all the others have fallen to Cerakote's superiority.  

.......and yes there is a smell so if you are using a oven in your house beware of that and also know that you are putting a ceramic based firearms coating in the oven you plan to cook your food.....just putting that out there.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:15:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I am a professional Cerakote applicator as well and will beg to differ your opinion on KG Gunkote verse Armor Black.  Cerakote out preforms KG in every way possible.  100 percent Cerakote work in my shop as all the others have fallen to Cerakote's superiority.  .......and yes there is a smell so if you are using a oven in your house beware of that and also know that you are putting a ceramic based firearms coating in the oven you plan to cook your food.....just putting that out there

Ok thanks. I figured I didn't want to do it in the house but have no Idea about the product so thanks

View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top