Materials USED:

>Car Trunk NET

RUSTOLEOM
> Camo Flat DEEP FOREST GREEN
> Camo Flat KHAKI
> Camo Flat Earth Brown
> SATIN Dark Taupe

Start with 2-3 Colored Base Coats on large strokes:

When Dry, Apply Net. MAKE SURE THE NET IS tight against the surface or the lines are gonna fade.

With net in place spray a DIFFERENT Color than the base. example If OD Green Base, choose Tan or brown or khaki)

Then wait to dry, and see where it needs more lines or different colors to your tastes.
Example, This side is good to go:

this side has too much khaki:

apply net spray with OD or Brown:

Rifle should look like this:

Right now my rifles have more Khaki (the lightest color) and OD green to match the Foliage.
In Fall, I plan on re-spraying the Khaki and GREEN Areas with BROWN to match the Foliage.

This was my first time so I just did the upper:

I liked it so much I did 2 Lowers:

Link Posted: 8/14/2013 8:33:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks good.  Kryptek looks like it would be hard to copy with just spray paint.  Also I don't think the paint is going to last long on that suppressor, if it burns off it will look cool and give character.
Link Posted: 8/14/2013 3:07:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Good job, but it does not look kryptek to me.
Link Posted: 8/15/2013 4:00:48 AM EDT
[#3]
looks great!
Link Posted: 8/15/2013 10:33:07 PM EDT
[#4]
No matter what that looks great and if you like it thats all that matters.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 9:31:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks better than Kryptek to me. Then again, I'm not a big Kryptek fan...

Nice job, though.
Link Posted: 8/17/2013 8:40:37 AM EDT
[#6]
It blends right in to the pavement! Lol....  Seriously though, your spray camo looks great! I'm going to have to locate a trunk net myself. Old doilies from grandma work great as well.
Link Posted: 8/17/2013 8:49:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Off to walmart to buy a basketball net!
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Updated and redid original post. Anyone do theirs over the weekend?
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 4:44:32 AM EDT
[#9]
That looks great! I like the basketball net idea too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 9:09:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks real good!
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 8:58:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I see hints of kryptek. I think you did a fantastic job. Looks great.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:07:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Really want to give ths a try
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 10:16:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I had some time to kill while doing laundry.
I printed the stencil on regular 8x10 paper and decided to cut out the stencil.  Stencil was found using Google Image: Kryptek + stencil...too many to mention
Lots of trial and errors on which to remove and which to keep
problems:
----- if you get carried away with cutting off parts, the middle will fall off, since there is nothing to hold or keep it in the center.  So, some portions I had to retain to keep the middle from falling off.
----- the proportion will be a trial and error. when I took the design, I kinda guess-timate on how big or small some of the pattern.  No reason-No rhyme.
----- when I did cut off certain portions, it made the stencil, hmmm.....not stiff.  So when I lay it on the surface of what I need to paint, which, is not always flat, some of the stencil did not lay flat on it, causing the paint to go underneath the stencil.  Yes, its camouflage and therefore, nothing should be perfect symmetry. Granted valid argument.
possible solution, I may have to get a stiffer paper, OR, lay a few painters tape, overlapping, to match the size of the pattern, then transfer/ trace the pattern over to the painters tape.  Once transferred, peel off and lay on the surface to be painted.  Now in theory, the stencil will provide a sharper edge.

results on my cheapo airsoft, painted already, again no pattern, just splash of brown and black with tan for base.

here you can see the only portion of the stencil I could use, because the pattern is tighter and easier to lay on the surface.

the portion not painted, because the cut out pattern was so frail, fragile, it refuses to lay flat, therefore, I could not paint over.  Thus, the idea of using painters tape.

you kinda get the idea on the size of the pattern in relation to the size of the 8x10 paper.

I may have to play around and produce varying sizes of pattern once I start laying it on various parts uneven surfaces of the rifle.

this is a time consuming project, so weigh in, how much your time is worth vs dipping your rifle for $130 ( I read it in the internet, therefore the price must be correct ...sarcasm)
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 12:16:50 AM EDT
[#14]
You could try printing the pattern on shipping labels, cut them and stick them to the item you are going to paint.
Or cover a sheet of wax paper with painters tape, freehand the pattern, trim and affix the tape.

If you go the label route you should be able to affix painters tape to the backing sheet and and trim it to make stencils.
Ether way you'll probably need good a good exacto or razor knife and a cutting board.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#16]
another stencil made
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 4:50:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Godd stuff ledanek! my wife has that cameo cutter thingamajig and gonna try this.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 7:22:28 AM EDT
[#18]
is that the same thing they sell late at night? who would have thought!
let us know how it turns out.  My fingers are starting to get sore from the knife.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 3:30:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I had some time to kill while doing laundry.

I printed the stencil on regular 8x10 paper and decided to cut out the stencil.  Stencil was found using Google Image: Kryptek + stencil...too many to mention

Lots of trial and errors on which to remove and which to keep

*snip*
View Quote

I'm not having any luck finding a stencil as clear as the one you've got, or really any good ones at all for that matter, any chance I could get a link to the one you used?

Link Posted: 9/3/2013 6:19:47 PM EDT
[#20]

when you print, just tell printer to print full size of paper...it's not sharp...it'll be fine since you'll cut it anyway
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 9:04:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8624/dwz4.th.jpg

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9391/65bt.th.jpg

when you print, just tell printer to print full size of paper...it's not sharp...it'll be fine since you'll cut it anyway

View Quote

Badass, dude, thank you much

Link Posted: 9/4/2013 3:55:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Made a quick Video:

http://youtu.be/iw6Tsgoj8VE
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 6:50:14 PM EDT
[#23]
thanks for the video

Link Posted: 9/5/2013 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#24]
try misting the back of your stencil with water.  It will allow it to "stick" and comform for the few minutes it takes to spary.  just make sure to dab off any water droplets.  works great for one time use paper stencils.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#25]
I knew it!

the stencil I found somewhere using Google Image ORIGINATED FROM HERE

this stencil is COMPLETE vs the one I found in Google Image

I'm don't know the owner nor get any profit for this eBay owner, but, the least I can do is re-direct to his store, for those who want to this stencil faster.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I knew it!

I'm don't know the owner nor get any profit for this eBay owner, but, the least I can do is re-direct to his store, for those who want to this stencil faster.
View Quote

I'm gonna give it a try
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm gonna give it a try
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I knew it!

I'm gonna give it a try

Will you be making a video? if so, advance thanks from many of us
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:12:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Im gonna try to Ceracoat a rifle in Kryptek soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top