Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2013 1:22:35 PM EDT
I just finished a shotgun build and am considering giving it a fancy paint job.

While Cerakote does offer a lower temperature curing finish, can the regular stuff be used or will the temperature be too high?

I don't want the tritium inserts to fail in the oven.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 3:11:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just finished a shotgun build and am considering giving it a fancy paint job.

While Cerakote does offer a lower temperature curing finish, can the regular stuff be used or will the temperature be too high?

I don't want the tritium inserts to fail in the oven.  
View Quote

I wouldn't put the tritium in the oven.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:55:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I had some old/retired tritium sights and wanted to see if I could get them to cerakote temps without busting them.  I wasn't successful.  Do not put night sights in the oven.  I usually remove the sight bead when doing shotguns.  Keeps oil from seeping out during baking.  If it is pressed in you may have to drill and tap it.  It is likely screwed in but I'm not sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top