Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2013 8:52:24 AM EDT
As stated in a previous thread, I am planning on hunting with my newest acquisition.   Has anyone tried the dip camo?   There's a local guy here that does it, and I thought about a mossy oak pattern.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:44:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I recently had my Glock 23 'hydro-dipped' in digital desert camo. It came out pretty nice (if you're a fan of that camo pattern). Once it drys, it's covered with a semi gloss harder that;s sprayed on. It'll cure to the touch in a few hours, but takes about 10 days to fully cure. Here's some pics....

Cleaned, base coat, and ready to be 'dipped'...

'Decal' in the 98* water, release agent sprayed on it...

In she goes....

And out she comes....

Completed project...

It looks more glossy/shiney in the pics then it actually is.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:45:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I've bought a few multicam parts from www.sexyweapon.com
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:46:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool!.   Thanks, I always wondered how they do that.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:54:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Lol, I was all excited cause I can write my name in the snow....then I figured out this wasn't what you were asking.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:59:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Everything gets de-greased/de-oiled. Metal parts get sand blasted. Then a base coat is sprayed on.The prep work is what takes time. The dipping process is relatively simple. Once the parts are dipped, they get placed in a 'cold shower' for a few minutes. Once everything is dry, then the final clear coat is applied.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:01:44 PM EDT
[#6]
durability? will it work on a Hogue overmold stock?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:22:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everything gets de-greased/de-oiled. Metal parts get sand blasted. Then a base coat is sprayed on.The prep work is what takes time. The dipping process is relatively simple. Once the parts are dipped, they get placed in a 'cold shower' for a few minutes. Once everything is dry, then the final clear coat is applied.

Did you have that done in MI? Where?

I have AR parts I'd like done and would rather drop them off than pay the FFL fees.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:38:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
durability? will it work on a Hogue overmold stock?

just as durable as anything else I suppose. Anything that would leave a scratch, ding, dent, etc. in the factory finish will do the same to this finish. You can apply it to a Houghe stock or just about anything else.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:41:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you have that done in MI? Where?

I have AR parts I'd like done and would rather drop them off than pay the FFL fees.

They are on Port St. in Plymouth, Michigan. the company is called MRT (MRT-Direct.com). The sister company, which is in the same building, is called High Tech FX. Log onto the MRT site and HighTechFX is on the left side. If you call, talk to Scott and tell him that I sent you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top