Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2012 2:19:56 PM EDT
Getting some Krylon Camo off of the plastic parts was pretty easy...Off the 'textured' parts, like the barrel and front sight base- not so much. Used straight Acetone and it got the majority of the paint off, but there is still a 'stain' look of the tan left on the rough surfaces. Is media blasting this the only way to remove it?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:31:54 PM EDT
[#1]
aircraft remover will take care of it.  Just follow the instructions.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I used MEK to remove krylon from a lower I bought, it worked out pretty well.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:01:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Goof Off. Use a scrub brush for faster results.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought the Citristrip in a can from walmart.  Had a barrel done in alumahyde II that I sprayed and let sit for about 3 or 4 mins and then used a nylon stripping brush - stuff just wiped off.  Then krylon'd the barrel and messed up a spot so I sprayed it with the citristrip and in under 30 secs it just wiped off with a paper towel.  Great stuff and no harsh smell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top