Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2010 8:47:47 PM EDT
Refinished some 870s for some friends.  The Colt Grey is curing and will post pics when the gun is assembled.

Diamond Plate Deep Grey.  Wood was sanded, stained.  Metal was blasted with alox, soaked in acetone, then Duracoated.  All parts were finished with a cheap generic rattle can satin clearcoat, which evened out the Duracoat and blended the non-existent sheen with the wood, which was also clearcoated.  I gotta dig out the can and find more at the store.... It was cheap and dried almost instantly, and there is virtually no glare, touchups blended smoothly without any effort at all.  

Factory Remington mag extensions are factory finish.  Black side saddles and slings will be added to offset the oddness of the mag extensions being the only black parts, although in person they look great and it doesn't look out of place.  All paint was shot at 60psi out of a $15 Harbor Freight gun.  Oh, and just for the record?  Durafil is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and may solve all the world's problems.

Before, "in the white," and after.

Link Posted: 3/31/2010 3:01:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks good but that miss matched tube extender takes away from it all.
Link Posted: 3/31/2010 12:50:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looks good but that miss matched tube extender takes away from it all.

I thought the same initially, but in person they look fine, and like I said, with black side saddles and black slings, it will all blend nicely.  Friends are happy, so that's all that matters.
Link Posted: 3/31/2010 8:55:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Duracoat "Colt Grey"  Speedfeed furnature was sprayed with textured Rustoleum black and everything was coated in satin clearcoat.  The "Colt Grey" looks awesome.

This color is almost black, its dark dark dark grey, very subtle, I love it.  I finished a Harris bipod with this color and threw it on my AR (standard anodized finish) and it blends superbly.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:49:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I love it. It is inspiring and looks great. It is nice to see the colt gray on a shotgun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top