Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2009 9:23:38 AM EDT
Can anyone advise on how non-reflective the matte version of Aluma Hyde II happens to be? It's been many moons since I last used Aluma Hyde and I don't think they had anything but the original version back then.

Also, has anyone used the Dark Earth version? Does it match farely well with the Socom Dark Earth?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Check down the page and you will see a post where aluma hyde II matches the magpul FDE
farely well.  In the picture thread at the top of the page one poster said he applied aluma hyde II FDE to heavy and
it came out with a little shine.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 12:32:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Alumhyde II OD
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 9:37:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Check down the page and you will see a post where aluma hyde II matches the magpul FDE

farely well.  In the picture thread at the top of the page one poster said he applied aluma hyde II FDE to heavy and

Yep, that was probably my post.  I ended up stripping and reapplying (taking care to not get impatient with it) and it turned out quite nicely:

That's the color "Coyote".

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:00:53 AM EDT
[#4]
My experience has been that when it's first done it's fairly matte, unless you put too thick a coat on, but it seems soft, and wear points usually smooth out and allow some shine.   Here's my mauser that I re-built into a .308 rig and finished with alumahyde 2.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:52:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Is that Mauser done in Coyote, Dark Earth or a combo of both?

And thanks for the replies everyone.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:00:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is that Mauser done in Coyote, Dark Earth or a combo of both?

And thanks for the replies everyone.

Both, with some OD green mixed in.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:33:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, that was probably my post.  I ended up stripping and reapplying (taking care to not get impatient with it) and it turned out quite nicely:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/5470/aluma1.jpg

That's the color "Coyote".

Mine came out the same. I was very carefull not to over-do it and its not shiny at all. Although the M2 has a little bit of shine to it, but that will go away with some use.

BTW, the color "Coyote" is an exact match to the Troy FDE BUIS and very very close to Magpul FDE. Its an awesome color. I painted the whole rifle with it and at first I was really unsure if I wanted to do it but now I'm glad I did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top