Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 7:04:40 AM EDT
there was a post on here  a few months ago that showed a AR15 painted in john deere colors with john deer name painted on the stock.  could some one post it again ? or send me info. also does any one know who's gun this is ? i would like to have mine done the same. thanks. marty
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:37:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't remember one in this forum....but there is one in AR Discussions.

One close to the top and another further down.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=440023&page=1
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for your help.marty
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:16:48 AM EDT
[#3]
one more question do you thing the paint jobs on the previous post would hold up over the course of time ?  i would like to paint my gun like the john deere gun. i would just be using it as a taget rifle. thanks. marty
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:54:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
one more question do you thing the paint jobs on the previous post would hold up over the course of time ?  i would like to paint my gun like the john deere gun. i would just be using it as a taget rifle. thanks. marty

I know the shop that painted the full size John Deer rifle. It was done for a NRA benefit and was sold at auction. Problem is that they never got permission from John Deer to do the rifle. Turns out the shop had to pay royalties when the winner of the rifle sold it on Gunbroker. It still comes up for auction every so often and every time it does the shop gets contacted by Joh Deer to again pay royalties for the use of their copyrighted material.

Last time it came up for sale, on here, I told them they may want to buy it back and refinish it because of the fact they continue to pay royalties on it.

I would take that into account before painting a rifle with any copyrighted material.

Dolomite
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Here are the John Deere pistols we did

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 2:35:11 AM EDT
[#6]
STAMNG 1 ... Did you need to pay copy right to paint the pistol ? or get a ok from JOHN DEERE ? Marty
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 5:28:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Employee's of the company
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top