Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2009 8:08:56 PM EDT
I have some .50 caliber ammo cans and I would like to repaint them in the original color to spiff them up a bit.  

Anyone here know what the FS number would be for the correct color?  (FS 34052 sound right?)

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Krylon Olive Drab is probably close enough.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:26:28 PM EDT
[#2]
rustoilum.. od green
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Anybody know where to get replacement gaskets?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anybody know where to get replacement gaskets?

i dont think a replacement gasket is worth the hassle, time and money. unless you have the larger ammo cans, it would be more economical to just buy a new can, use the old one for long term storage and caulk the shit out of the seal before closing it...

atleast thats what i do...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:31:24 PM EDT
[#5]
If the old gasket are worthless, you can try cleaning out the channel and fill it with RTV and give it a couple of days to cure.  Once the RTV is fully cured, it will act like a gasket, sticking to only one side, sealing and releasing the other side when you open it.  Probably won't last as long as intended gasket, but long enough to be practical.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 10:22:41 AM EDT
[#6]
you could use surgical rubber tubing for the seal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top